65

"Are you sure this is the right thing to do?"

"Ava... I know you're nervous but Brett loves you. You've been so excited about your wedding." I countered.

"You're right, I'm being stupid. I just.. I need today to be perfect."

"It will be Ava, it will be perfect in every way because when we leave here you will be Bretts wife." I smiled giving her a brief hug.

"Thank you." She smiled as she slipped into her beautifully sequined mermaid dress.

I helped her put the final touches to her beautiful dress. Something old, her necklace from her childhood that her parents had given her. Something new, a beautiful sparkling hair pin we had bought whilst shopping before the whole incident with Alexis. Something borrowed, a bracelet of mine that had been my mother's prior to it becoming mine. Something blue, a small blue charm I added to the bracelet so she would have everything she needed.

"I'm going to pull an Ava for a minute." I told her as she sniffled at her reflection. "Pull yourself together. You cannot start crying until he has seen how absolutely stunning you are! Do you hear me?" I said.

She chuckled and nodded her head. "I love you Britt."

"Love you too!" I smiled.

Next was the bridal party photos. Ava had let us all keep our hair down since it was cold, under the condition that we all either wore it straight or curly. We settled for curly, and by we I mean I decided for me and her college friends.

They seemed okay, her friends. They were definitely the polar opposites of me, but they were still friendly enough.

After the pictures were taken, a variety of poses and some individuals of me and her and Emelia, we walked back inside to her parents who were tearing up and ready.

Her dad took her arm and smiled at her just as the wedding song began to play and all of us bridesmaids walked into the small church ahead of her.

I cried.

She was stunning as the doors opened and she found Brett waiting for her. He, too, was crying with a smile as she walked towards him. As soon as the vows were read and rings exchanged there wasn't a dry eye in the place.

We ceremoniously walked out of the church and took a few more pictures before everyone made their way to the reception.

I walked in with the kids as they immediately ran off to the dance floor. The room was set up with white table cloths and small tea light candles. It was simple and just how Ava had described what she wanted.

There was a buffet set out but it wasn't a scheduled eat and dance time. She took Bretts hand as he offered it and together they moved to the middle of the room, swaying slowly to perfect by Ed Sheeran.

It was beautiful watching them together, their eyes pinning each other in place, sweet shared kisses of adoration as the song played along with them. I had never seen my best friend so happy and a single glance at Riley told me that he was feeling the same way about Brett.

Her dance with her dad was next and it was filled with laughter before everyone was welcomed to join in on the dance floor. Coincidentally Riley was first in Avas selection as Brett scanned the crowd of hungry bridesmaids and latched onto me.

"I should have known you dig me out of my spot." I laughed as his hands settled on my waist and I relaxed into him.

"This will be you soon enough." He whispered.

"Yeah I guess it will." I smiled.

"Trust me it will. I never did thank you by the way."

"What for?" I pulled away to look at him as he spun me around.