40

Britts pov.

As promised Ava was at my house at two in the afternoon. Dinner was at six, but since we had to get the kids ready as well, she came early. Brett was meeting us there so he could scout the competition, or in other words look for himself without Ava beating him.

She told me to shower so I did, making sure to shave all the important areas before washing my hair. Once I was dried off I blow dried my hair and put on my robe. Ava wasn't going to let me get ready by myself so I would wait.

"You ready?" She asked as she walked into my room. "The kids are in their room watching a movie, so let's get you ready."

And so she did. Starting with my hair she grabbed the curling iron and started curling my hair. Once that was done she reached for my makeup.

"Nothing excessive, it's family dinner." I advised as she laughed.

"Don't worry, I got this!"

I closed my eyes and let her do her thing as she brushed over my face repeatedly. It had been a while since she had done my makeup and if I were completely honest she usually did a good job.

"All finished, but you can't look until you're dressed!" She grinned grabbing the dress from my closet.

As ordered I slipped into the dress, lifting my boobs up to make them look perky. I knew they wouldn't stay that way long, but I could always readjust later. Then I turned around as Ava grinned widely at me.

She stepped out of the way of the mirror and o took a look at myself. "You should have been a cosmetologist" I grinned as I took myself in.

My hair was pinned in half a curly bun while the underside hung in nice angel curls down past my shoulders to the bottom of my boobs. My face was a natural nude shade with a natural red matte lipstick and I had to admit, I looked great.

"You are seriously the best!" I smiled and turned around throwing my arms around her.

"Anything for my best friend. I'm just glad you finally know what you want."

"Have you heard from him?" I asked.

"Yeah, he's good, he is working on things with Hannah and he asks about you guys. I'm sure in a few months you'll be friends like before ."

"I hope so." I smiled.

"Well." She said letting out a breath, "less of this heavy stuff, let's get the kids ready and go." She grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the room.

I hadn't noticed how long it had taken until the kids were dressed and the clock said five. We quickly loaded up the car and set off to Riley's house.

"Mama can we stay with daddy tonight?" Emelia asked.

"Daddy has a friend over so I think you guys will have to come home."

"That's not fair!" She whined.

"You can stay with daddy next weekend." I countered to calm her down. In reality I had no idea how long Courtney was staying even though I hoped it would be short.

I resisted the urge to pick my fingers as we pulled into the driveway and parked beside the house. I needed to bring my confident A-game. It was now or never and I couldn't afford to mess this up.

Ava helped me get the kids out of the car and I was grateful I had talked her into letting me wear my flats instead of heels, because stopping them from running into the house was work in itself.

I opened the door as Ava held the kids hands and we walked in. Brett walked over to us first and kissed Avas cheek, giving her a strange look that she seemed to understand before Riley and the blonde appeared behind him.