24

Riley's pov.

I was pleasantly surprised when Britt asked me to take Connor and Emelia today. I could tell she did it so she could talk to him, but I was too excited to spend the day alone with them to pay any notice to the jealousy I felt.

I had assumed that after our talk last night, that she may make a schedule or something like that so I could see them, I mean we had come to a mutual understanding that we both messed up and she clearly didn't mind me being in their life.

Still, I had figured it would be a few weeks of visits before she completely trusted me to watch them. I mean, besides my siblings I had no experience with children at all.

As they got to my truck I had realized I didn't have booster seats for them and walked back up to the house. I was about to walk inside and ask for them when I heard them yelling, so I got in the truck and drove to the closest Walmart and called my mom.

"Hey mom, what kind of car seats do I need to get for the kids? Britt told me to take them for the day and I forgot to grab their seats."

"I can bring you the ones we have? Although I think Ava just uses boosters instead of car seats." She said.

"Oh, okay." I said as we were standing in the car seat section. Once she hung up I was still no further in knowing what to get.

"Daddy?" Connor said.

"Yeah?"

"We want these ones." He smiled pointing at some kind of seat. The sticker said 'high back booster seat' and it came in a pink camo design, plain blue or purple design, or a space ship design.

"Okay, well pick which one." I smiled down at them as Connor picked the starship and Emelia picked the pink camo. After that we ended up in the craft section, apparently they wanted to make something for Britt.

It wasn't hard to figure out where they got their shopping habits from, especially when we came in for car seats and left with over five hundred dollars of clothes, craft supplies, and then the car seats.

The twins were happy though, excitedly talking in the back seat about the flower crown they were going to make Britt out of all the fake flowers and crafting wire they had bought.

When we pulled up to my parents house, I helped them out of their new seats and carried the craft supplies inside. I set the bags on the floor by the stairs as they raced into the kitchen to see my parents.

"Nana! Papa!"

"We'll look who came to visit! Did you both grow? I think they are taller?" Dad teased.

They shook their heads as my mother put some plates on the table. "You came just in time for lunch!" She smiled as they hopped up into the chairs and started eating the macaroni cheese she made.

"You're the best nana!" Emelia grinned as she put another spoonful of food in her mouth.

"After lunch we gotta clean you guys up so we can make your mom that headband." I smiled at them.

I had to admit, Britt had done a phenomenal job raising them so far. They didn't play with their food, they listened really well, and acted twice their age for being so young. Shane and Sophie were the same way at that age so maybe it was a twin thing.

Mom took them outside while I cleaned up and got all the supplies out. It was kind of unreal to have them here, my kids, two little humans that I had helped create. It was a feeling that I had rarely experienced before meeting them.

The feeling of being completely awestruck, proud, protective, and scared all at once. The only other time that I had felt this way was when she was still mine. But she wasn't anymore, and regardless of how I felt I couldn't ruin the happiness she has.