Chapter 18

Meredith woke up excited. Today, after nearly 3 whole months, Meredith was going home. She hasn't been home in soooo long.

She woke up Derek, who was asleep next to her. "Derek up! Me go home!" Meredith exclaimed happily. Derek slowly opened his eyes and smiled.

"You're going home today." He said sleepily, kissing her gently. "Me home!!!" Meredith yelled happily. "Shh." Derek hushed with a laugh.

Meredith struggled to get her legs over the side of the bed but eventually did it. "Where you going?" Derek asked with an amused smile.

"Me get ready. Derek help." She said sternly. Derek laughed at her enthusiasm to get out of her and got out of bed.

"Want to shower?" Derek asked. Meredith nodded. "Naked." She ordered. Derek smiled and turned the water on before helping her undress.

She stepped under the hot stream of water and Derek joined her a moment after. "Mom here house?" Meredith asked.

"My moms at the house, yes. She's gonna stay for a while to help out, if that's okay with you." Derek replied.

Meredith nodded. "Want see mom." She replied.

•••

A little bit later, Meredith was all ready to go home and she was waiting in a wheelchair to leave. "Well Grey, aren't you ready to go home?" Bailey asked with a snort as she came into the house.

"Home now." Meredith responded with a grin. "Alright, alright. We have a few things to discuss, though." Bailey said.

"First of all, Derek, you have to be with her at most times. You can leave her alone for a few minutes, but keep an eye on her. Second of all, Grey, don't push yourself too much. Therapy's going to be daily soon and you don't wait to be too tired or anything." Bailey explained.

Meredith nodded. "Me home." She repeated impatiently. "I'm not done. Make sure you do your exercises and stuff at home, too. If you want to get back to where you were, you have to put in the work. I know that won't be an issue for you though." Bailey said.

"Derek, can I talk to you for a minute?" Bailey asked. Derek nodded and they went outside the room for a minute.

"Her therapists said that once she gets home she might regress a little bit. It's normal. She's at home, she may feel depressed that she can't do some of the things she would do on a daily basis at home. Just treat her normally and take care of her." Bailey explained.

Derek nodded. "I will." He replied.

They went back into the room to a very impatient Meredith. "Go now?" She asked, tapping her foot on the chair.

Meredith nodded. "Alright. Go. If you need anything don't hesitate to call." Bailey said. Meredith smiled and Derek pushed her through the halls and out of the hospital.

Derek helped Meredith into the car and off the went. "M-music?" Meredith asked, hoping it was the right word. Derek smiled and turned on the radio.

"This is the eurythmics, your favorite band. Do you remember them?" Derek asked. Meredith recognized the song and nodded. "Songs good." She replied.

•••

They arrived home and dereks mother was waiting for them at the front step. "Meredith, welcome home dear." Carolyn said, giving her a hug.

"Mom hi." Meredith said with a smile. "Derek, I'll help Meredith in. You get the bags." Carolyn said, putting an arm around Merediths waist.

Carolyn led her inside and Meredith looked around. She was home.

"Want to sit down, dear?" Carolyn asked. Meredith shook her head. "Go see bed. Me home." She responded. Carolyn smiled and nodded.

They went upstairs slowly and got to the bedroom. "Bed." Meredith murmured, walking to it and laying down

"I bet you missed this bed, huh?" Carolyn asked. Meredith nodded. "Hosptial bed no comfy."

"You want to rest for a little bit or..." Carolyn trailed off. Meredith stood up slowly. It was hard without having her arms working.

"Umm...Derek go see couch." She responded. Carolyn had to laugh at how eager Meredith was to be home. She was glad the girl was finally happy, though.

Meredith went downstairs and saw Derek at the door with all the bags. "Derek home!" Meredith cheered, running over to him and smashing her body in to his.

With her arms not being able to move, she couldn't really hug him properly, but he could do that was worth it.

Derek chuckled and wrapped his arms around her. "Someone's happy." He murmured. "Meredith happy. Happy here with Derek." She replied, looking up at him.

She leaned forward and pressed her lips to his. "I love you, Mer." He said, brushing a piece of hair out of her face.

"Me love too." She replied. "Hey, you're getting closer to saying that." Derek said proudly. "Me...Laurie work." Meredith responded.

Derek smiled. "How about we sit on the couch and relax for a while?" Derek suggested. Meredith nodded and they moved to the couch.

Carolyn watched the two happily. They were so in love. Derek was never like this with Addison, she knew that. Derek was so much like his father.

Carolyn took a seat in the living room. Meredith was sitting in between dereks legs, leaning back into his chest.

"What are we watching?" She asked. "Friends. It's mer's favorite show, but she didn't remember it so we're watching it again. I guess that's an upside." Derek said with a chuckle.

"Chandler favorite. Funny." Meredith said with a giggle. "You said that before." Derek replied, kissing her neck.

"Glad Home Derek. Thank Derek." Meredith said genuinely, melting into his chest. "I'm glad we're home too, Mer. I love you." He whispered.

Hey guys! Sorry for the short chapter I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and hope your all doing well. As always, if you have any suggestions or ideas for future chapters let me know. Thanks for reading and I hope your all doing well!!