Chapter 10

The next day, she had a break from therapy. They decided It would be more of an every other day thing to help Meredith adjust to seeing everyone, and it'd eventually go to daily.

"Hey Mer?" Derek asked hesitantly. He had to ask Meredith about seeing thatcher. All of yesterday, he would not stop pestering about it. He really didn't want to let him see her, but it wasn't his choice.

"Der?" Meredith responded, a playful smile playing on her lips. "You...you remember why you had your surgery, right?" He questioned.

"Belly." She said definitively. "Yes, you donated a piece of your liver from your belly. Do you know why you did?" He asked softly.

"Lex." Meredith answered. "And...Thatch?" She asked, obviously guessing. Derek smiled. "Yes. Thatcher. Your...dad."

Meredith looked at him expectantly.

"He wants to see you." Derek said.

Meredith thought about it. She knew she didn't like him. Even though she had trouble speaking, her memory loss wasn't very bad at all. She remembered what he did when she was a kid.

Meredith tensed up and looked at Derek. "N-no." She said. "No? You don't want to see him?" Derek asked. "See no. No." Meredith repeated. "Okay. I'll tell him later." Derek said soothingly.

"Me...Peter?" Meredith asked after a moment. "Not today. Tomorrow." He responded. Meredith nodded and Closed her eyes, drifting off to a sleep.

Derek got up and went outside, where Lexie and thatcher were hovering outside. "She said no." He responded tightly. "No?" Thatcher asked with a frown.

"No. She doesn't want to see you." Derek repeated. "She is my daughter. I don't need your permission to see her." Thatcher argued. "I'm saying no, and Meredith said no. Go home." Derek gritted through his teeth.

"Domt make me-" thatcher started. "Derek, why don't we go to the cafeteria and get something to drink? Dad, do you want to come?" Lexie cut in.

"No. I'm not going anywhere with him. Make it quick." Thatcher snapped. Lexie took Derek by the arm and dragged him away, leaving thatcher alone outside of Merediths room.

Thatcher looked both ways before standing up and walking quietly into her room. She was asleep, looking exhausted.

But thatcher really wanted to talk to her.

He shook her arm gently. Nothing. He shook her arm again and Meredith jolted awake. "De-k?" Meredith asked groggily, opening her eyes more to see.

"No, it's me. Thatcher. Your dad." He replied. Merediths eyes snapped fully open and her breath quickened. "Away...." She whispered. "Meredith. It's thatcher. It's okay. He said, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"No....away." She repeated. Meredith was scared. She knew thatcher. But she didn't want him here. Touching her. That made her uncomfortable, but she couldn't get the words out to say it.

"Meredith." Thatcher said, seeming irritated.

The faster beep of her heart monitor showed her blantant nervousness. "Please, Mer. Say something. It's just me. I'm sorry this happened to you." Thatcher said, cupping her face gently and making her look at him.

"No.....no!" Meredith yelled, slamming her head against the back of the bed, like she did when she got nervous and angry before. "Jesus Christ." Thatcher murmured, grabbing her hand.

Meredith felt it, barely, but she did. But she couldn't pull her hand away. "S-stop." She whispered, hitting her head once more against the bed.

Meredith was shaking. She was crying. But thatcher didn't seem to notice. Or didn't care. One of the two.

Derek and Lexie came back from a brief trip to the cafeteria for Derek to cool down only to find Thatcher not there, judt his wheelchair abandoned outside of Merediths room.

"Oh, he did not." Derek gritted through his teeth before barging into the room. Dereks eyes widened when he saw his wife crying and shaking profusely and thatcher holding her hand.

"Get the hell out!" Derek growled. "She's my daughter!" Thatcher snapped back. "And look what's happening!" He said. Meredith really was shaking a lot.

Lexie grabbed thatchers arm and tried to yank him out of the room, but he wasn't having it. "Mer? Mer, it's me, Derek. Can you hear me?" Derek asked softly.

Meredith was staring off, breathing heavily, crying, and her whole body was shaking. "I'm gonna get in bed with you, okay? It's Derek." He said, not wanting to disturb her before he slipped into the bed next to her and wrapped his arms around her.

Merediths breaths quickened, not because of Derek, but bedsuse thatcher was still there, refusing to leave. "De-k. B-b-Breath." Meredith stammered. "You can breath. In and out. You got it." Derek said.

"Is everything okay In here?" A nurse asked. "Get him out of here. Don't let him back in." Derek said roughly. Thatcher finally gave in and left the room angrily. "Breath." Meredith said, her breaths ragged and sharp.

"Mer, you have to breath. You're having a panic attack. It's okay. I'm here." Derek said, sternly yet with a soft touch.

"Cant...." Meredith started, panting before her eyes shut and she passed out. "Damnit." Derek mumbled, grabbing the oxygen mask nearby and placing it on her face.

"Shep-" Bailey started before freezing. "What happened?" She asked in concern. Derek sighed. "Thatcher scared the crap out of her and she had a panic attack and passed out."

"Scared her?" Bailey asked as she went over Merediths sats. "Meredith said no to him coming in. I told him that. I left for a second and came back and he was there. she was hyperventilating and shaking and crying, and he wouldn't leave."

"Do you want me to give her a sedative for a few hours?" Bailey offered. Derek hesitated for a moment before nodding. "She deserves to get some sleep." He said.

"Okay. You should get some sleep too." Bailey suggested. "I...will." He said, sitting down on the couch. "I'll be back with the sedative." She said.

Derek let himself fall asleep quickly. He was exhausted too. Bailey came back in no more than 5 minutes later, and found Derek fast asleep.

Hey guys!! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and hope your all doing well. If you guys have any suggestions for future chapters feel free to drop them! Thank you all for reading!