𝒪𝓃e ℳo𝓇e || 25

When did it start? She's probably wondering about that, but what will change even if I tell her the truth right? I still messed up at the end of the day. We were doing great as friends but I decided to ruin it.

"Hoho~ it's our first day as seniors today, let's find some cuties on the first year Enno!" a classmate of mine tried to convince me, but I'm too busy for that and I'm really not interested, why do they even want to link with first years? I don't get what they're trying to do honestly, trying to get the first years to pursue them? They just lead people on with their hopeless flirting.

"Don't involve me with your business Kaito, you know that I'm already busy with my club," I replied, trying to be polite.

He made a face before leaving me alone, I sighed and went back to finishing my notes.

I was too focused on my work when suddenly a really loud knock echoed through our room, I flinched as my handwriting gets ruined, who the hell has the guts to knock that loud? I silently raved. Before I could even stand up, our class representative was already at the door blocking our view of the one who knocked.

I scratched my head, "Well I guess that's none of my business" I whispered.

"Oi isn't that a first-year?" my seatmate said, calling the attention of Kaito.

"Where?!" he said loudly, embarrassing all of us.

Even though the class representative was blocking our view, the first year's slight flinching did not manage to escape from my eyes. "It's a girl," I said absentmindedly realizing that her figure has a lot of differences from our class rep.

Oh well, Kaito will probably go after her, poor girl if only you could hear my voice right now... I'm telling you to avoid looking at him at all costs, his eyes are his biggest assets.

Pissed because of Kaito's loudmouth, our class representative turned to his face to us once again, revealing the face of the first year.

"You're scaring the poor girl, shut up Kaito," he said, while the girl remained looking down.

I don't think she's scared though.

Probably just shy and lazy. And as I was too immersed in thinking about her personality, she started to slowly look up meeting with my eyes.

Her e/c eyes and deep stares were tantalizing and hypnotizing, it was as if she's pulling me into another dimension, I could feel my head being controlled to not look away, as if she has her chains all over me ready to tighten if I dare to move even just a little.

And since I could not move, I blinked regardless of how hard it is.

Ah...

I got caught.

She quickly looked away and I could feel my ears getting red. I stared too much but she's too...

"Gorgeous"

After that, I did not see her anymore, not even on lunch break- my neck and head were both tired from trying to find her face every time. 

"This sucks," I said to myself.

"What are you thinking about so deeply? You're not thinking of quitting are you?" Kinoshita, my fellow teammate appeared on my side, I shrugged and just said that I was spacing out.

Why am I so interested in her? I literally just saw her once? Nothing good happens if I get distracted by having a crush, it's best to just forget her.

"Uhm, excuse me"

Or maybe not...

Wow, and just when I was thinking about forgetting her, she suddenly appears.

"OH L/N-SAN!" Hinata's high-pitched and loud voice echoed, popping up from her left still changing to his gym clothes making her blush a little.

Cute.

But wait, are they friends? I mulled over. Sugawara asked him about her and that's when I found out that they are actually classmates. She borrowed Hinata to talk about something which made Tanaka and Nishinoya curious, and who am I to lie? It made me curious too, are they close? Or is something else going on? I thought.

And before I know it, all of us secretly followed him to listen to their conversation.

I sighed "Why am I even doing this?" I whispered to myself and was about to walk away but then I heard something that made me stop.

"....I'll give you my number so please just text or maybe call me when you're free!" she said not showing any hesitations of giving her number to him as if it doesn't really matter to her- no it's as if she's been waiting for a chance to do that.

And with that, I felt my heart sank, because I know... I know that I lost before I even started.

Funny how I said I'm not interested in first years and now I'm feeling uneasy because of one. No way, do I really like her? After seeing her that day? That fast? What in the love, at first sight, is this?

Our teammates continued to tease Hinata about her while I remained lost in my own thoughts.

Ennoshita, you're probably just curious about her true personality, calm down...

"OHHH DO YOU LIKE HER THEN, SHOYO?" Nishinoya's question brought me back to reality, wiggling his eyebrows he looked at him suspiciously, all of them have this smug look on their faces

But Hinata's answer wiped it all off.

"L/N-san is very pretty and I can tell she's nice too, what's there not to like?"

In spite of him being right, I still got kind of pissed. I was irritated by the fact that another man sees her the same way that I see her.

I did not announce nor shared this with anyone, but Hinata...

Hinata became my biggest rival and competition ever since that day.

Not because of volleyball, not because of academics, but because of a girl. 

-----

ENNO'S POV :)