50

Happy chapter 50! So many hours and days have gone into writing this book and I have loved every second of it. With that being said, the book is beginning to come to a close but I've been debating about making a sequel of some sort!

Enjoy chapter 50,

Anna Benett

After what felt like forever of searching, we grew tired but still stayed determined to find the room and finish this quest once and for all.

We decided to take the elevator down to the very bottom floor where the rooms were not really numbered like the rest. This was the floor where A's and B's showed up on the room numbers.

I, as well as Lilith, found it odd that they didn't just make this floor have its own separate number but we continued our search.

Sure enough, on the dimly lit floor of the ministry sat room 229A beside room 213B and 255A.

Strange numbering if you ask me.

We knocked on the door. Instead of a voice speaking to us, the door opened, allowing us to step in before it shut behind us.

A desk sat at the end of the room with a chair and on top of the desk sat a place for the jewelry. It looked like the jewelry were puzzle pieces by how well they slid into their slots.

Once the expensive jewelry was there, we both took a seat in some chairs and talked.

"Soo," I thought, "What happens now?"

I knew she didn't have an answer but I just wanted to hear what she thought was going to happen.

"Not sure, none of the readings about the infinite quest have told me anything about its actual contents,"

As we sat, the door slowly opened, just like it had for us. A tall, kind looking woman stepped in without saying a word or even acknowledging our presence.

Her hair was in two braids, one falling on each of her shoulders.

"You've both proven your loyalty to the ministry, very brave of you," She began, "Everyday we look for the best students and graduates to become our new aurors and other professionals who work for the ministry of magic and one of the things we look for is bravery,"

We didn't want to interrupt her so we both sat in silence, giving her our full attention and doing our best to make good eye contact.

"We would like to offer you not only an award for completing the so called 'Infinite Quest' with immense amounts of bravery, but also a position working at the ministry,"

We were both taken back by that statement.

"Ma'am, neither of us graduated before we died, we aren't qualified to work here," I said nervously.

"You will both receive your award of bravery and once you've completed your education you will have secured positions at the ministry," She responded, "Any questions?"

"What happens regarding our close call punishment?" Lilith asked.

"You will be held at the ministry for a few months, and at the end of the year you'll both be released," She spoke kindly, "You'll have all assignments brought to you so you both can attend school as soon as you are released,"

I can't believe that the quest is finally over and our punishment for a close call was even cut short.

***

Everyday we were delivered a bag of food and water for the both of us as well as our school work. Because both of us died during the middle of a school year, we had to work speedily and efficiently in order to be caught up.

The ministry also confiscated the wands we had stolen but we were not given any punishments for it thankfully. Lilith also wasn't punished for teaching an underage magic student wand magic either as it was for a good cause or something.

Our days consisted of eating, chatting, and doing our schoolwork, with few other things.

The part that was a bit annoying was the fact that we couldn't have contact with the outside world and when we are allowed to, we can't go into detail about the quest. The lady stressed how it must be kept a secret. We were even made to take an oath promising we wouldn't speak of it.

I have to admit though, it would make a mighty good story to tell.

It was also very peaceful being alone with Lilith as we worked all day. Whenever I had a question, she would help me answer it and luckily she never had any questions because there wouldn't be much I could help her with.

She was smart like me, but smart to the point she could absorb knowledge very easily.

Though our days were bare, I really enjoyed her company and our conversations that kept us busy on boring days.

Being kept in a semi small area for a long period of time gave me a lot of thoughts that I was able to write down, mainly ideas that Pipher could use for his stories. With the list of ideas I created, he would never have to think of any himself ever again.