37

Charles Moore

This marked four days without Anna.

I woke up with tears starting to form in my eyes, and my body dreading to rise out of bed.

I missed her more than anything.

It took everything out of me to get out of bed and to eat, Catherine had to help me with that.

I don't know why she would even care.

Probably because she's nice to everybody and she's a bloody angel.

Catherine would bring me food and water from the dining hall at every meal and would leave it if I didn't eat it then. She even tried to help feed me when I refused to eat for two of the days to which I knocked the food out of her hands, spilling it all over her.

And all I could do in reaction was laugh at her.

She probably thought I was mental but I threatened her to keep her bloody mouth shut.

Now that Pipher is gone as well, I've had to spend a lot of time alone, thinking.

Why did I do it?

Why did I think that hurting her would be the best punishment for Pipher putting his gross little hands all over her?

Eventually I stopped asking myself those stupid questions and accepted what I had done.

I no longer felt bad.

If I couldn't have her.

Then nobody can.

I cannot even begin to describe a majority of my feelings right now.

Angry, frustrated, alone.

My anger and sadness seemed normal to everybody because Anna and I were close, making it hard for somebody to suspect something.

Or so I hoped.

I couldn't stand to look at my reflection in the mirror because all I see is somebody that I no longer want to be.

But to be honest I don't know who I want to be.

I loved Anna and then I killed her.

How could I ever forgive myself for killing the love of my life?

Pipher Green

Now that I had started school again at Wixtons, my mind was focused on things other than Anna.

I had a roommate who was never in our room, which left me alone most of the time.

I spent much time after classes crying and letting everything that had happened recently sink in.

Being here felt like Maglins, just without all of my friends and familiar classmates.

Once some of the students realized that I pay attention in classes, I had a few people ask me for the homework answers and the notes from class. It was weird as nobody at Maglins ever asked me that.

The uniform I had to wear was similar to the one at Maglins so that wasn't much of a change.

Though being here wasn't as glorious as I had hoped, it should all be done within a few months.

Graduation for sixth years at Maglins would be in a few months and I wouldn't be able to see all of my friends of friends graduate which was saddening.

I continued to write to Lucy and Frankie as they responded much faster than Vin or Catherine. Frankie told me that after Anna's death, the school went crazy and that was the only topic of conversation.

It was quite sad that everybody would rather talk about a girl they never knew just to get out of doing classwork and such.

I even received a letter from the headmaster himself telling me he was extremely sorry about having to suspend me for a few months. He stressed that he was talking to other teachers and staff, telling them I'm innocent.

***

One day, after all of my classes concluded, I went to a study room in the school with my backpack and decided to write a letter to Charles under a different name.

I was planning on writing the name of a student from Wixtons so hopefully he wouldn't suspect it was me. Maybe I could get inside of his head that way.

Dear Mr. Charles Moore,

My name is Abigail Knightly and I'm a third year student from Wixtons school of magic. Many people from my school have been discussing a recent event that occurred at Maglins and I wanted to write to somebody asking more about it.

I wanted to write to somebody who was close to her so I could learn as much as possible. If you wouldn't mind, could you please answer some of my questions and mail them back to me!

That was only the first bit of the letter.

As long as I could get the letter back from Charles before Abigail got her hands on it, I would be set.

If I could learn a bit more about what really happened that night, I could take the letter to the headmaster at Maglins and get myself back to school and get Charles permanently suspended.

It wasn't a great plan, but it was still a plan nonetheless.