39- please don't go

There was a slight pause before Victor swung his fist. It connected with Anderson's face. Blood gushed from his nose.

Soon, everyone had either kicked or punched him. Blood was seeping out everywhere. They all looked at me nervously.

I stared at them, trying to understand what they wanted. Cassidy leaned in, not a whisper, but not exactly loud. Everyone could hear her.

"Finish him." She told me. It wasn't a demand. It was a wish. An ask. They had never killed. And I was more than happy to oblige.

I knife fell into my hand where it had been in my sleeve. I pressed it to Anderson's throat. "I'll see you in hell, you piece of shit." I whispered before sliding the neck across his throat.

I did it deep, so I knew he would die. If it wasn't deep enough, he could survive with damage to the vocal cords.

But I did it deep. And he wasn't going to survive. He made a gurgling sound as blood gushed from the slash in his throat.

Nobody looked upset over his death. Although, some looked as if they were going to vomit. "Let's get y'all home." I heard Kayla say as she grabbed my elbow.

We got back in the formation and continued on. We made it to the opening. Dylan was leaning against a car with a gun in his hand.

He smiled when he saw me and the others behind me. "This all of them?" He asked, counting them.

I nodded and lead them to a van that would fit all of them. I am going to ride with them, so they have a familiar face.

I helped them into the vehicle. "Stay in here. We will need to go to a hospital and then, you can all see your families again." I told them.

They nodded and all filed into the van. I walked toward Kayla. "Look, I think that might be Luca." She spoke and began walking that way.

I followed after her. Dad and Luca came out of the hole. They were bloody, but none of it looked like it had come from them.

Member of the gang came out behind them with Liam. He had a gun to his head and his wrists bound.

I walked straight toward them even though Luca said not to. "Told you I'd bite." I snarled before punching Liam in the nose.

Thy loaded him into another car. "Let's go home." Luca grinned before wrapping me in a hug. Dylan came to my side and put a arm around me.

"Where's the other one?" I heard my twin ask. Dad shrugged in response.

"Guess he tucked tail and ran. Pathetic." Dad spat with venom. They got into a SUV.

"You riding with us?" Connor asked, grabbing my hand. I shook my head.

"Kayla and I are riding with the other 'subjects." I answered. He nodded and began getting into the car.

"Cora," I heard Kayla say behind me. I turned. She didn't get a chance to finish he sentence because a shot rang out.

Connor was already jumping out of the car and shooting in the direction. I heard a groan and knew it hit whoever it was.

He and Dylan ran to grab him. I was about to smile because the person didn't hit anyone, but then Kayla collapsed.

I quickly grabbed her. Blood was seeping out. She had been shot in the back. The bullet went through.

"Fuck." I heard myself say, but it was like I was watching myself.

Tears began to form in my eyes. I clamped my hands on her stomach where the bullet exited. Kayla was crying.

"I- I love you." She managed to say between her breaths. I shook my head.

"Stay with me." I begged. Luca came running out. Uncle Rickey as well.

"Please don't leave me. Please, I love you. Don't go." I pleaded as I sobbed

Uncle Rickeygrabbed his daughter from my arms. I tried to go with them, but Luca held me back. "I need to be with her." I fought against him.

"No. You need to go to the hospital too." He argued. I shook my head as tears streamed down my face.

"Luca, please. She's my best friend. She's my goddamn girlfriend." I cried.

"And you are no help to her with the way you are now." He retorted. I glanced at myself.

My shirt was covered in blood. Some of it was Anderson's, some my own, but most of it was Kayla's.

My hands were coated with her red blood. I tried to wipe it off, but not all of it came off. A small sob came from my lips.

Uncle Rickey had already sped away from us. Connor and Dylan came out with the man that shot Kayla. It was Ryan.

And just like that. Red. Only red. I launched myself at him began scratching his face. My fist swung hard. His face swung to the side.

I continued pounding. I heard yelling but I didn't hear it. Not really. It was like that first day at school. The bloodlust. But it was directed at Ryan. And it was consuming me, but I was still aware. Not like before.

I continued to hit him and when I stopped, he wasn't breathing. I stood up. My hands were bleeding again.

Ans I walked to the car with the other escapees were. I clambered inside and after a minute or two, I felt it take off.

I glanced at all of them. "Um, we are going to take you to our home. There is a hospital and they doctors are friendly." I tell them.

They paled slightly at the thought of doctors. "I know none of us particularly like doctors or trust them, but these are good. And then, you will see your families again." I finished.

Despite the grimacing, they nodded. "Tell me some numbers to call for your families." I ordered.

And due to the good memory, I remembered every single one of them. The van halted to a stop.

I got out of the vehicle. They followed behind me as I lead them to the hospital.

There were teams of doctors here, bustling around. Someone must have told them we needed help. It set the others on edge though.

They were helped to examine rooms. "Are you coming with to get checked?" Cassidy asked as a female doctor lead her to a room.

"I- I need to go find Kayla." I stuttered. She looked at me before nodding and walking with the doctor.

I found Lindsay in the crowd. Lindsay was the family doctor. The one we all trusted. "Lindsay! Lindsay!" I yelled before I got to her. "Where is she? Where is Kayla?"

"She's in surgery, Cora. We need to get you checked out too though." She answered.

"I'm fine. I need to call their families," I argued. A tear slid down my face. "Is she going to be okay?" I finally asked.

"The bullet didn't hit any vital things." She answered blandly. It wasn't assurance, but it was the best I was going to get.

I walked away and went somewhere more quiet. I dialed Vicki. Victor's twin sister. The only one Kayla and I met.

She picked up on the second ring. "Cora? What's wrong?" She asked instantly.

"I found your brother." I answered.