14 - gunshot wounds

I could see my teachers lifeless body on the ground. I inhaled sharply. "Why in the hell aren't you idiots carrying guns?" I hissed at my brothers.

"Didn't know we were going to get attacked at our goddamn school." Connor whisper- shouted.

I heard screams echoing. I glanced out from the not very well hidden spot behind a wall and saw 5 men.

"There's 5 of them." I whispered to my friends. There were 5 of us as well.

Only difference is we don't have guns. Slight disadvantage.

"Maybe there just random school shooters?" Kayla suggested hopefully.

"Banks! Get out here and show yourselves." One of the men screamed.

"Maybe." I retorted sarcastically. She glared at me.

"What are we going to do?" Bree hissed.

"I'll go out. Try to talk them down." Connor offered. I shook my head viciously.

"No way in hell." Bree argued. I agreed with her. Dylan still had us pressed behind him.

I grabbed my phone and dialed my dad. "Hey, princess." He greeted happily. Poor man.

"Daddy, help. There are shooters." I told him before hanging up afraid they'd hear me.

I could hear them busting down doors, but I didn't hear anymore gun shots.

"On my count, we run." Dylan told us. Knowing we had nothin better we agreed.

"Stay low." Connor told us and we nodded.

Ducking down we all began running down the hall trying to get past them. I heard a gun shot ring out. I winced.

"Nice try, Banks." One of the men teased. We all slowly turned around.

I was quick to get in front of Kayla as Connor as Dylan was all of us.

They raise their guns at us. No longer being able to contain myself I spoke.

"You think you're hard or something?" I asked. I felt Kayla nudge me telling me to shut the hell up.

"I'll kill you, you little bitch." The same hissed cocking his gun.

Another one hit him. "Not the girl. Kill the boys and we can have fun with the girl." He laughed. I gulped.

Noticing a piece of metal on the ground, quickly picking it up. I lunged it at one with every bit of strength.

It went straight through his chest. The gang gasped. "Guess again, bitch." I hissed. Before I could do anything another cocked his pistol.

"My brother for yours, little slut." He yelled before letting a bullet fly in Connors direction.

I could hear Bree's scream. I cliched my eyes and jumped in front of Connor. I felt the bulled hit me in the chest and I collapsed.

"Cora!" Connor screamed as he fell to the ground with me in his arms. I smiled, blood coming out of my mouth.

My body was trying to heal itself. I heard more gun shots ring. I heard Lucas voice. They were here too late.

Kayla and Dylan were by my side. Bree was trying to stood the bleeding.

"Why? Why would you for that?" Connor sobbed into my body.

"Couldn't let my twin die. I would've died." I spoken weakly.

"Cora." I heard Lucas faint voice register me bleeding out.

"I had a better chance at surviving than you, Con. I couldn't watch you die." I cried.