19- subjects

I played a game on my phone. Kayla opened the door to my bedroom and I glanced up to acknowledge her. She plopped down beside me.

"How was yesterday?" She asked referring to my shooting lessons.

"Fine. Tiresome, but fine." I answered stretching my limbs.

She let out a hum. "What do you want to do today?" She asked playing with me hair.

"Can we go to the mall?" I asked. She looked at me startled.

"You, Cora Banks, wants to go to the mall?" She stammered. I laughed.

"Not really. I want to go to the bookstore." I chuckled. She rolled her eyes.

"Had me excited and everything." She sighed. I shrugged.

"Whatever. Let's go." I urged. She made a sound.

"Pump your brakes. Your father will never let us leave alone."

I grinned. "We won't be alone. We are going to get Bree as well."

She laughed. "Don't think she's enough."

I eyed her. "Quit arguing and we can go to 4 stores." I negotiate.

"5."

"Fine." I sighed. "Bitch." I continued under my breath.

"What was that?" She asked her voice drug it out knowing damn well she knew what I said.

"I said I love you!" I screamed. She laughed.

"I love you too." She grinned. That's the thing about liking your best friend. You already love her.

We successfully walked out of the house without getting caught, much to my surprise. I swear, those ninjas suck.

We got into Kayla's car and started driving toward Bree's home which was only a couple of minutes away.

"What do you want to go to the bookstore for?" She questioned.

"Books." I answered simply. She let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Specifically?" She pressed.

I rolled my eyes. "Maze Runner, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, and Percy Jackson." I told her the series of the books I wanted.

She raised her eyebrows, but chose not to say anything. We pulled into Bree's driveway. "Shit." I heard Kayla mumble and deck under the seat. I followed in suit.

"What?" I questioned.

"Connor's fucking here." She groaned. My eyes widened.

"Pull out! Go! Go!" I screamed like we were robbing a bank. We pulled out and drove a ways before texting Bree on our group chat.

Your favorite morons

C- get rid of him
K- right now.
C- girls trip, bitch no boys allowed
B- pushy bitches
K- make him leave

My phone rang. It was Bree. I picked it up. "Hello, my beautiful sister in law." I greeted. I could feel her roll her eyes.

"He's gone, assholes. Come get me." She demanded.

I hung up. "And she called us pushy bitches." Kayla laughed. We check for my brother then pulled into her driveway yet again.

And she came running. She was wearing leggings and my brothers hoodie along with her hair straight and Nike slides.

She glanced at us and we looked about the same. "Some style we have." I heard Kayla say sarcastically. I snorted.