1 - the escape

I toyed with the locket I had been wearing the day these assholes kidnapped me. I stared at the picture in the locket.

It was of my family. Me, my twin brother, my two older brothers and my parents.

I traced my twins face. Connor. I heard a bang and let the necklace fall against my chest. My cell was locked.

I had a toilet, a single bed, and a sink. I was wearing a hospital gown. Always.

These people experiment on me. Change me. Because of what they are doing to me I heal faster, have better senses, and a eidetic memory and photogenic memory.

It's not amazing like it sounds. They keep it compressed with shots unless they want to see the monster they made.

They made me stronger. I know. Why can't you just escape by beating the shit out of them? It's not that simple. They have this big dude that could be like a sumo wrestler.

Not to mention, I am terrified. They don't only experiment on me. They beat me to see how fast I'll heal.

I always heal within a day but they leave scars. They use all kinds of things. It's horrifying.

"Get up, 12, time for surgery." I heard a so called doctor tell me, creepily. Nothing new. Expect the fact I wanted out. Today.

He seemed to be alone so I pounced knowing they haven't given me the drug as of late. I hit him until he blacked out.

I used my heightened senses and ran down the hall. Following a tiny bit of light I saw. I almost made it out the door when a armored guard came.

Without thinking I lunged at him. Knocking him off balance I clawed his face. I grabbed his gun and shot him. In the head.

I knew this guy. He was evil. I spit on him. I walked away from his body with a gun in my hands. I shuddered a little at my first kill.

I'll kill all theses bastards sooner or later better get use to it. I listens for sound. Far away there was a city. I ran using my heightened ability.

I made it to town. The sun was out. I spun around with my arms out. I giggled. The sun against my face. Never thought I'd feel it again.

I walked to a cafe close by. I opened the door and people gasped, shocked. I raised my eyebrows and spun to look and see if someone was behind me. Nope. Nothing.

I walked in. Someone was beside me, leaning down. "Sweetheart, what insane asylum do you come from?" He asked kindly. Is this bitch for real?

"Dad! They don't call them that anymore!" His daughter screamed. She looked at me, curiously.

I cocked my head. It looked as if she saw trying to recognize me. I squinted my eyes. It clicked in my head because of my memory.

Kayla. My best friend as a kid. She was always a perky person. We were troublemakers together.

"Kay Kay?" I asked nervously. She looked shocked as she seem to realize who I was.

She shook her head hard. "No. It's impossible. Your not her." She panted, close to tears.

My black hair was ratted and my pale body was evident with the gown. I looked over at the man who asked if I was crazy and saw him to be my uncle Ricardo.

My dads best friend and right hand man in the mafia. "Hey Uncle Ricky." I greeted tearing welling in my eyes.

"Not possible." I heard Kayla mutter as she stepped closer. She quickly grabbed my hand and flipped over my hand to see my birth make.

It was a shape that looked like a heart. She gasped dropping my hand as tearing flew from both of our eyes.

She basically tackled me to the ground. "Co Co!" She screamed sobbing into my frail body. I held her against me. I sniffed her. Happy to smell her cinnamon hair again.

My uncle had tears in his eyes as he spoke on the phone. My hearing kicked in. "Mike, I got you a surprise. Be home soon." I heard him say to the phone.

Micheal. My father. I widened my eyes in hope to see my family again. Kayla finally let go and looked me over.

She stared into my now purple eyes. They were once blue. "Oh my." She gasped. I smiled.

I looked at my uncle. "Take me home." I begged. He nodded speechless. I took Kayla's hand and walked toward their car.

Kayak didn't leave my side as we got in. Her hands never leaving mine.

Uncle Ricky sped to the house I remembered. I smiled at the sight. I laughed, clutching Kayla's hand. As soon as the car stopped I got out and ran to the door.

I pulled it open. I heard bustling but saw no one. Only my family and Uncle Ricky and Kayla lived here.

Nothings changed. I heard stomping as saw 5 boys come downstairs. I recognized 3 of them as my brothers. One was around 4. The other closer to my twins age.

They stopped dead in front of us. I heard my mother and father coming from the kitchen, laughing. They also stopped and stared.

"Ricardo, what is the meaning of this?" My father asked my uncle, waving at me.

I felt Connors eyes burning into me. I looked at my twin brother. His hair was unbrushed but not as bad as mine.

I looked over at my oldest brother, Luca. His blondish- brownish hair looked to be curly like our mothers. He was 19

I looked to my second oldest brother, Dylan. I smiled. He looked goofy as ever. He was 18.

And finally I looked at my parents. Maria and Micheal. They looked older.

"Come on, don't you know your own daughter when you see her?" Uncle Rickey asked.

It was like a pin dropped. I looked at all the stunned faces. And gulped. Some were disbelieving. Some hopeful.