11- first party

"How'd you and my brother get together?" I asked Bree as Kayla attempted to teach me how to do decent makeup.

"A year ago when I officially joined the gang, he taught me how to shoot properly, how to fight. We argued a lot at first. He was also angry at the world. At himself. But he asked me to be his girlfriend and I knew I loved him." She answered.

It was a bit corny but I could tell from the look in her eyes she was telling the truth. I nodded slowly.

"Why was he so mad?" I asked curiously as I mastered a wing. Kayla clapped excitedly not really paying attention to our conversation.

"He never really told me. I guess it was about losing you. You were taken and he couldn't save you. Hated himself for it." She answered.

"Okay enough with the depressing talk. Breezy, get over here and teach Cora how to do a smokey eye. I was never very good with those." She demanded. I laughed.

Bree jumped off my bed and grabbed a brush and a eyeshadow pallet. She lightly did my eyes to her satisfaction.

Kayla showed me how to make lipsticks blind. How to use concealer and all kinds of things I won't remember.

They helped me wipe it off. "Girls! Dinner!" I heard my mother screech. We jogged downstairs.

Bree sat beside Connor and we all took our places. Uncle Rickey was out with the Asian mafia I learned because they were in town and wanted to talk about gun trade.

They were allies. Connors arm was draped over Bree's shoulders. I started to eat the spaghetti that mom gave us.

"How are you feeling today, princess?" My father asks. I look up slurping the noodle. Getting red sauce all over my face.

Dylan snorted to my left. I responded my jabbing him in the stomach with my elbow.

"Fine. No urges to kill my best friend." I answered. I could hear my mother sigh at my crude language, but also thankful I wasn't angry. All because of the pills.

"Subtle." I heard Connor cough. I smiled sarcastically.

I could feel curiousness rolling off Bree, but I didn't know her well enough to tell her all the gory details.

Luca had went out with Uncle Rickey since he was the heir of the mafia.

I went to sip some of my tea to realize it was empty. Damn I must have been thirsty. Sneakily, I grabbed Kayla's cup and poured some of hers in mine.

I could hear Bree laughing at me. I sat down her cup and drank some tea out of mine, smiling victoriously.

I looked to Kayla who was eyeing her cup as if trying to find out if she drank that much. Deciding she had, she drank more.

I grinned at Bree who just tried to stifle her laughter with her hand. Connor way looking at us trying to figure out what we were laughing at.

After we got done eating we cleaned out plates and hauled it to my room. Connor tried to hang out with us but Kayla was quick to shut him down saying, 'girls night'

"So why can't my brother come in here?" I asked from my spot in my swing. Kayla grinned.

"We are sneaking out to a party." She answered happily. I sighed.

"Kayla, there are literal ninjas watching me at all times." I told her remembering how that guard came out of the sky.

Not literally but he did. "Which is why we are taking the window and I know how to avoid the guards." Kayla argued.