24- monster

I yanked at my skirt as we walked into the club. "Stop it." Kayla scolded immediately.

I groaned. It was dark with loud music. Neon lights were flashing across the huge room.

"Where's the target?" I asked loudly, so the boys could hear me in the ear piece.

"Bar to the left." I heard Luca's deep voice say.

They were in the van close by just in case.

Kayla nodded as she heard them too. I grabbed her hand and we walked that way. Once our eyes saw them we put up a facade.

We began walking clumsy, giggling. I fell into one of the guys who I knew what Liam Jones. He was wearing a leather jacket. He was 31 way too old.

His brother was a bit younger who Kayla had stumbled into.

"Oh my! I am so sorry." I spoke as I brought my hand to his chest. He smirked.

"No worries, baby." He retorted. I could hear Kayla talking to Ryan.

"I'm Alexa and this is Bianca." I told him gesturing to Kayla.

Kayla giggled as she leaned into Ryan's chest. Liam's hands rested on the small in my back. Pervert.

"We are so sorry! We will be going." Kayla giggled.

"No, stay. I'm Liam, this is my bother Ryan." He stopped us, grabbing my wrist.

"Well, since we're friends now, why don't we get some drinks?" Kayla laughed.

The boys called the bartender over and told them some drinks.

I drank the alcohol slowly not wanting to actually get drunk, or look too ambitious in front of these two.

I eyed the brothers. I don't recognize them which is odd. If you have a bone to pick with the American Mafia it's likely we should know who you are.

I had already asked my brothers if they recognized the names or faces, but they had said no.

"So, Liam, what do you do?" I asked licking my lips.

His hand was now on my knee. I swear, I will cripple him.

"Steal from those who have wronged me." He answered, passing it as a joke, but it was true.

I heard shuffling in my ear and knew my brothers were listening.

I let out an interest hum. "Oh? I'll play along. Do tell." I urged with a smile.

I could tell Kayla was listening intently. "Well, there is this family, I mean, the family is alright, I suppose. I am aiming for the kids. Backstabbing." He explained.

My grip tightened around the glass in my hand, and i could feel it almost breaking. I sat it down quickly and put on a smile.

"Really? Continue, please." I urged putting my face in a pout.

This nightclub was carefully selected. Not only were they here, but a bunch of criminals are known to hang out here. I suppose that's why he isn't to triggered by my questions.

"You see, Ryan and I, we had another brother, Julian. One day, someone gave us an offer we couldn't refuse. Help us find this girl and we will give you $900,000. Obviously, we accepted."

"Obviously." I agreed. My eyes momentarily flickered to Ryan who was now behind Kayla and beside Liam. Kayla was pressed to his chest.

"Then, we were with the people who asked us and next thing we know, gunshots. Julian was hit. Killed. Those assholes said there was nothing they could do. That they were sorry, but couldn't start a war over it. So, we are bring the war to them. To you, Cora." He finished.

I go to stand up only to see a gun to Kayla's head. Ryan was holding a gun to her head. I was about to lunge at him when Liam put one in my face.

"You think we wouldn't recognize you, Cora? You're the reason our brother is dead." Ryan spit as his hand wrapped around the back of Kayla's neck.

"Get your hands off of her." I yelled trying to get to her. Liam pushed me back. The gun still in my face.

I heard my brothers in my ear, yelling. That they were in their way.

"No, your brothers killed out brother. It's only fair we return the favor with their sister. Maybe even Kayla over here." Liam smiled scarily.

"You took the deal! His death is out you, Liam! Not my brothers." I roared. I could feel so much anger creeping up to me.

The same kind of anger I felt the day at school. Bloodlust. But this time it was directed at the two men in front of me holding the gun to the girl I love.

"You really don't want to make me mad." I insisted as the table broke for my grip.

Ryan's eyes darted to the broken table before back to me. "And why is that?" He grinned.

"Because I am a monster." I told him truthfully.

I lunged at Ryan. I heard gunshots, but none his me or Kayla. I know this nightclub is filled with their own crap gang.

I heard a lot of ruckus and knew my brothers and reinforcements were here.

The gun knocked out of Ryan's hand as I threw my hand toward his jaw. It made a satisfying crack.

I continued to hit him. I saw Liam being restrained by people I didn't recognize. Must be his own gang.

I was pulled off of him by Kayla. I screamed in anger. My brothers were still fighting there way through.

Liam ran and picked up his brothers bloodied body. "This isn't over." He seethed.

"You're damn right." I agreed trying to lunge at him, but Kayla held me to her.

They ran off through the back entrance. Kayla was trembling as was I, but for a different reason.

I am a monster. I could have killed him. I would have killed him. He wasn't much older than me and yet, I wanted him dead. And I wanted to be the one who took his life away from him.

I am a monster. I felt myself being picked up and I knew it was Connor. My eyes darted to Kayla to see Dylan helping her.

I buried my face into Connor's shirt. A monster with something to protect.