27- green eyes

"Alright. It's 10:45, we should go in," My brother suggested. We were sat in front of this nightclub in our car.

"Just a minute." I told him. I played a short game on my phone waiting for time to pass.

"What are we doing?" Connor asked. I smirked.

"Pissing off Kayla." I answered. I checked the clock. 10:46.

"Let's go in, Conny." I grinned. He grumbled.

"Don't call me that."

I laughed.

We made our way inside. "Act surprised." I whispered.

"Kayla! You told us to meet you here! Are you okay?" He yelled. I snorted at his acting to which he responded by elbowing me.

It was pitch black. Then LED lights popped on with everyone screaming "Surprise!"

We laughed and thought we acted really well. Kayla came over with our brothers in tow.

"Both of y'all's acting sucks." She informed us. Connor scoffed.

"I take offense to that, Kay." He told her. She smirked.

"Good. I meant for you too." She countered. He walked into that one.

He sighed and went off to find Bree. Suddenly a hyper girl ran up to my Kayla, Dylan, Luca, and I.

Millie.

"Cheetos!" Dylan exclaimed before she spoke.

Millie laughed. "Happy birthday! I missed your twin. Well, I didn't miss him because I don't know him not like that. I mean like. He's not here. You know that." She rambled.

Dylan was smiling, happily. "Oh my cheetos. I am making a fool out of myself." She groaned.

I laughed and shook my head. Dylan spoke. "I love you!" He screamed.

Dylan finally met his person. Millie grinned. They seem like they would be good friends.

My eye caught Zaine's face across the room. I leaned close to Kayla and whispered in her ear.

"I'll be right back." She nodded and I walked away. I made it to Zaine and he smiled.

"Happy birthday." He told me. He gave me a hug. He let his arm hang over my shoulders in a protective way. I see he's picked up what my brothers do. Well he also protected me at his party.

"Who would have guessed that when I came to you house and slept in your room this would have had happened?" I chuckled. He joined in.

"Not me. But you didn't just sleep in my room, you made out in it." He teased. He knew about that?

I blushed. "You ruined the moment, jerk." I informed him.

He laughed. "I assume you're not drinking?" I asked. He smiled.

"You'd be correct." He told me.

"Why don't you drink?" I ask. He smiled.

"Easier to observe. Watch out for trouble." He answered.

"And why would you have to do that?" I questioned.

"Someone has to watch over Dylan." He told me. I smiled widely.

I gave him another hug. "I am going to find Kayla. See you later." I told him, kissing his cheek.

I walked around until I found her. I made my way to her and sat down.

She was seated at the bar. "You did great, Kay." I told her.

She smiled. I surveyed the room for Connor to find him dancing with Bree.

I heard Kayla squeal beside me. She kissed my quickly. "I'll be right back!" She hollered before running off.

I laughed. I checked my phone and it was almost 12 am. A drink was sat in front of me. I glanced up. "Happy birthday." The boy behind the bar told me.

I did a salute then downed the drink. Connor collapsed beside me. "I was told to come over here." He explained when I gave him a confused look.

"By who?" I asked already knowing the answer. He gave me a look that confirmed it.

Then I heard everyone singing happy birthday. I glanced down to see that it was. It was now 12 am. I am officially 18.

Connor pulled me to him and kissed the top of my head. "Happy birthday, sis." He told me.

"Happy birthday, Con." I retorted. Kayla walked out holding a cake.

She put it in front of us. "Now, blow out the candles and make a wish." She ordered. Simultaneously, we blew out the candles.

My wish? That my family will be okay.

Connor and I stayed beside each other for awhile longer. Until, Kayla held out her hand to me. "Dance with me, bitch." She ordered pulling me up.

"You're the bitch, bitch." I countered. She shook her head.

We began to dance on each other. She began to grind her body on my own.

My hands were lost in her hair and she smiled at me. "Your outfit? It's hot." She yelled over the loud music.

I snorted. "So is yours, babe." I informed her.

She was a low hanging gold shirt paired with a leather skirt.

"Thank you. For all of this." I spoke. She grinned like a child on Christmas.

"Anything for you," she told me. "And Connor. But mostly you." She added quickly.

I leaned into her chest and breathed in her scent. I stayed like that for a moment before coming back up. She gasped.

"What? What's wrong?" I asked quickly.

"Your eye." She stuttered. I brought my had to it before quickly walking to where the bathroom was.

I stood in front of the sink and stared at it intently. My right eye remained purple, but my left... was a bright and startling green.

I focused on my purple to see it more vibrant and bright then ever before.

I felt a wave of nausea wash over me. My phone went off. I pulled it out of my pocket to see a text from an unknown number.

Unknown: 12, if only it didn't have to come to this. I told you once you were the most promising. I meant that, but I don't know if your brother could survive it like you could.

Me: what are you talking about? I typed out quickly. My heart was beating out of my chest.

Unknown: Our research is to see if we can use one twin to affect the other. To see which is the stronger of the two. We have started this process with you and your brother. Good luck.

I darted out of the bathroom. I quickly ran into Zaine. "Help me find Connor." I begged. He started at my eyes, but must have seen the desperation on my face because he snapped out of it.

"He's over here with Bree, Dylan, and Connor." He pulled me along.

I felt a hand come into mine. I turn to see Kayla. "What's going on?" She asked as I tightened my grip on her.

We made it to Connor and I looked into his eyes. One was the same color green as my left.

He stared into mine. "What the hell is going on?" He asked running a hand down my face.