2- princess

I stared nervously at my family. I've had dreams of this moment. The moment I get my family back.

Connor stepped closer to examine me. He locked my eyes. Once he was in front of me he ran his hand along my hair.

Then Connor captured me in his arms. I instantly hugged him back as he cried into my shoulder and against everything I did too.

"Co, baby. I missed you so much, little sister." He cried. He was older by 3 minutes. I heard cries of the rest of my family and Connor let me go.

I bounded into my mother and fathers arms. "My baby!" My mom yelled as she wrapped me in her arms.

My dad was around both of us. For a stone cold mafia leader, he was extremely emotional.

Someone cleared their throat and I turned to see Luca with tears flowing. I grinned before jumping to him.

"I looked for you. I never stopped believing you were alive." He sobbed into my shoulder. I shushed his as I held him against me. I cried with him.

"Hey Co." Dylan greeted me. Tears evident on his normally smiley face. I looked him.

I grabbed him and took him in my arms. "I'm sorry I couldn't protect you." He mumbled in my hair. I shook my head.

"Mommy, daddy, who is that?" I heard the little boy ask my parents. A hand came to my mouth. I have a little brother.

"That my love, is our princess. Your big sister, Cora." My mom told him. I got down on a knee to match his height.

He walked over to me and hugged me. I laughed at his tiny arms. "Bubbas tell stories of you. How much they loved you." He whispered in my ear. I smiled as another tear fell.

"What's your name, cutie?" I asked. He giggled at the compliment.

"Grayson." He told me. I grinned.

"Well, Grayson, nice to meet you, baby brother." I told him. He smiled.

I felt Connors eyes on me. His friends must have left noticing this was private. I stood up.

"Aren't you going to show me to my room?" I asked teasingly because all of them were staring.

Connor nodded. Uncle Rickey wandered off to find some champagne I think. Kayla appeared by my side and lace her fingers with mine obviously not wanting to leave my side.

Connor lead they way. Me and my brothers and Kayla trailing after him. Luca was spinning Grayson as we walked.

We made it to a close door. "We redecorated every year. In hopes you'd come back." Dylan told me. I nodded stiffly.

Connor opened the door and we all stepped inside. "I helped decorate." Kayla told me. It was evident.

There was a swing chair and vines hanging down. Along with a desk that had pens and a single frame of my entire family. We will need to retake that and add Grayson.

There was another on Kayla and I laughing when we were younger. My bed was draped with a soft comforter and a fuzzy blanket. I spun around and a mirror sat perched on the side.

I laughed. It was beautiful. "I love it!" I exclaimed to them all. I ran and jumped on my bed. Loving the way it felt.

"I haven't laid on a real bed in years." I grinned. There was a awkward silence.

"Co, what happened to you?" Luca piped up. Gray climbed into my bed and sat in my lap.

"I don't want to talk about it, Lu. Let's just celebrate." I urged before picking up Gray and starting downstairs everyone behind me.

We made it to the kitchen and I plopped down beside my mother. She grabbed me and held me obviously missing me.

I missed her too. Her touch. Her warmth. Her smile.

"In honor of our princess returning, we are hosting a ball tomorrow. For all mafias. So dress appropriately." My father told us. I smiled. I always loved the balls.

Kayla squealed. She looked at me and began trying to put me in a dress her her mind. I laughed.

"Princess, care to tell us what happened while you were away?" My father asked, his hand was on top of mind comfortingly but I wasn't ready.

"Nothing good, but I don't want to talk about it right now." I told him. He nodded. I felt Connors eyes on me.

I turned to see him staring at my purple eyes. We both use to have blue. "Are those contacts?" He asked gesturing toward my eyes.

Everyone looked at them and gasped. "No. They are not." I answered. Averting my eyes so they couldn't stare at them anymore.