13- not ideal

"Get up! You are going to school today!" I heard my mother yell from downstairs. I groaned and rolled off my bed.

I made a 'bam' sound when I hit the ground. Wincing, I stood up and walked toward my closet. I grabbed a pair of light jeans with a dark sweat shirt.

I put on mascara and the tiniest bit of eyeshadow. I left my natural wavy hair alone. I grabbed my bag and walked down stairs.

I walked into the kitchen. I grabbed a lot of candy and stuffed it in my bag.

"And what are you doing?" Connors voice asked me. I spun around.

"Um, energizing!" I clapped. I quickly zipped my bag.

"What's the candy for?" He asked. I glanced at him.

"Food." I answered simply. He rolled his eyes.

"Where's Dyl?" I asked looking around. He wasn't downstairs.

"Had to leave early. Dad wanted him to get some shooting practice in before school." He told me. I nodded.

"And Luca?" I asked.

"Asleep."

"Gray?"

"School. Looks like your stuck with me." He stuck his tongue out at me.

"No one else I'd rather be stuck with." I retorted. He smiled.

"Too bad. I'm still here." I heard Kayla's voice ring out. She was running down the stairs.

"I don't think you should r-." I could even tell her to be careful before she tripped.

She let out a scream and face planted. "Are you okay?" Connor asked barely able to keep in his laughter.

Me however, I dropped to the ground in laughter. "Do it again!" I cheered still laughing.

She glared at me. "Shut it." She told me brushing herself off.

I got up and was able to stop laughing. I walked over to her and checked to see if she was hurt.

"Let's go, idiots." Connor piped up. I nodded. He threw his arm over my shoulders.

I got in the passenger seat and he was driving. "How come I am in the back alone?" Kayla whined. I glanced at her.

"Because." I answered her. She huffed in annoyance. I grinned.

I synced my phone to the radio and played a song. I looked at Kayla to see if it was good and she gave me a thumbs up.

I nodded. Fitting in? Easy. We pulled into the school parking lot and I hopped out.

"School day, whoop whoop." Said Connor sarcastically. I laughed at his sluggish form.

We walked into the school, I searched for Bree, but couldn't find her.

"Where's Bree?" I asked, pulling on Connors sleeve like a child.

"Study group." He answered as we walked toward our lockers.

"Don't worry. We will see her in third hour." He promised. I nodded. I've got a bad feeling about today.

"So, why is Dylan practicing? We only practice when there's a threat." Kayla piped in looking at Connor suspiciously.

His face went pale. "It's nothing, Kay. Just the little gang that is stealing from us." He answered shrugging his shoulders.

Anyone with eyes could tell it was much more than that. I eyed him, but didn't say anything.

The bell signaled class was staring. I cringed as always. "Really need to get some earmuffs." I mumbled to myself before walking toward class with Connor.

I was excited for third hour. I have it with everyone. Including Dylan and Kayla.

It was English. Which I was actually good at. As we entered the classroom I gave a mock saulte to the teacher who I really didn't like.

I sat down as the teacher started to teach. Zoning out, I started to draw tattoo designs on my notebook.

Before I knew it, it was third hour. I cheered as Kayla came into my view. "Miss me?" She teased as I stomped on her foot.

"Not so much anymore." I grumbled. Then my favorite red head popped in.

"And what about me?" She asked grinning. I squealed and grabbed her.

"You, I did miss." I told her. She wrapped her arms around my small body.

"Feelings mutual, hun." She promised. I grinned.

"Did nobody miss me?" Dylan asked feigning fake hurt.

"No. Go away." I told him. He stuck his tongue out.

"What's for you mad?" He asked.

"You left me alone with him for company." I answered glaring at both Connor and Dylan.

"Not my fault Dad wanted me to practice." He argued.

"On that note, what's happening? Are we under attack or something because apparently you only practice when times are tough." I questioned.

He went pale just like Connor. "Nothing to worry about." He promised. I sighed.

"Get to class!" I heard my bitchy first hour teacher yell. Right before a gunshot rang out.

I winced at the sound. "Shit." Connor cussed going to grab for Bree and I.

I grabbed Kayla as Dylan and Connor tried to protect all of our heads .

"Nothing to worry about, huh?" I shouted knowing these shooters were most likely targeting us.

I knew today would be bad.