26- screaming thoughts

"Alright, twins! We got to talk." Kayla announced as she strutted into the living room.

Dylan was sat on the floor playing video games with Zaine. Bree who was laying on Connor's lap, jumped to her feet with a smile. Luca was under a blanket on his phone.

I moved closer to Connor, afraid of my two friends. "Do tell." Luca urged. He put his phone down with a smirk. He knew what was going on.

"We are having a party. For your birthday." Kayla ordered. It wasn't a suggestion, that was clear on her face.

"Our birthday isn't until Friday." Connor objected. Bree gave him a look.

"Correct you are. Doesn't anyone know what today is?" Bree asked. I scratched my head. Not a clue.

"It's Thursday which means your birthday is tomorrow. Which means you party will be tonight." Kayla interfered.

Our birthday is tomorrow?

"What did y'all do last year?" I asked. Everyone moved uncomfortably until Dylan spoke up.

"Cried." He answered. The room went silent. Then of course. I had to go and laugh.

The sounds escaped throat. Kayla narrowed her eyes at me. Okay, it wasn't funny. In fact, it was quite depressing. But the way Dylan said it.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I spoke through my laughs. Kayla crossed her arms over her chest.

"It's not funny. I promise." I assured her. Beside me I heard someone laugh. My eyes flicked to Luca whose face was buried in a blanket as he laughed.

Soon enough we were all laughing. Like fully. "Shut the hell up, you ugly baboons!" I heard my mother scream from somewhere in the house.

Which of course made all of us laugh even harder. My side was burning from the laughter as it died down.

"Okay, so. The party starts at 10:45 pm on the dot. It is currently 5:50 pm. Therefore, you two," Kayla pointed at my twin and I. "Will leave. Now. Then, at 10:47pm you will walk into this address. And you will act surprised. Got it?" She asked.

We nodded slightly scared at her expression. She smiled. "Good." She clapped and pushed a piece of paper into my hand.

"Question." I spoke.

"I don't care." She huffed. I gave her a look and she sighed, waving her hand to tell me to continue.

"This seems like a big risk. I mean, we could get attacked very easily." I pressed. She scoffed.

"You are correct which is why our parents are already getting bodyguards. Nothing will ruin the two of yours 18th birthday." She told me.

"Sounds good." Connor agreed. I nodded, reluctantly.

"Now leave so we can prepare." She ordered Connor and I.

"The party isn't even here and it's not till another 5 hours. Why do we have to leave?" Connor asked.

"Because I said so." She hissed. We sensed her frustration and we darted out.

Connor slung his arm over me. He grabbed the paper from my hand. "It's a nightclub." He informed me.

"Because our track record with nightclubs are amazing." I spoke sarcastically. He laughed.

"Where to?" He asked. I let out a hum. Then a grin broke out across my face.

"Give me the keys." I ordered.

"You don't have a license. That's illegal." He objected.

"Bitch, we are the American Mafia. Our whole life is illegal." I argued. He thrusted the keys into my hands.

I climbed into the drivers seat and drove us to our destination as he blared music.

"Trampoline Park?" He asked as I parked the car. I smiled.

"Favorite place as kids. Not to mention, I want to beat your ass at dodgeball." I grinned.

"Not a chance in hell." He disagreed. He grabbed my wrist, lightly and pulled me to the entrance.

We got our wrist bands and went into the park. We went straight for the dodgeball area where smaller kids were as well as some older ones.

They signaled for us to start and Connor and I raced to the balls. Jumped?

We stayed there for about two hours. We ended up chasing each other in foam pits or swinging on the ninja things.

I won since I now have better and faster reflexes than him. He complained that wasn't fair.

We collapsed back in the car. "Now where to? We have 3 more hours to kill." I told him.

It was currently 7:50 p.m. "I have a spot." He informed me, taking the drivers seat.

I filed into the passenger side. "Where to, my gentlemen?" I asked with a posh accent.

"My Lady, that is but a mystery." He answered in the same voice. I laughed at how horrible it was.

He started driving. I took off my shoes and sat criss cross with my legs in the car seat.

"Don't take off your shoes. Your feet probably stink." Connor complained.

I chuckled. "Probably. I mean they are sweating." I teased. He gagged in response.

I made no move to put my shoes on. He pulled into a lake. I got out of the car, not bothering to put my shoes on.

I shivered as the wind hit my arms. Connor there his jacket over my shoulders.

"I've never been here before." I observed as i walked on the ledge. The water was a clear color. It was beautiful.

The sun was just about set, and the moon was coming out to play.

"No, I started coming here after you were taken. It's not far from the house." He told me.

I sat down on the wooden ledge and let my feet dangle in the water.

"Why'd you come here?" I asked.

"It gave me an outlet. A place where I could just scream about everything fucked in my life." He answered.

I hummed in response. He began to stand. Then he shouted. "I got my sister back! Try again, asshole!" He screamed.

He was waving his arms as he screamed at nothing and everything.

He motioned for me to stand. "Let it out, little sister." He urged.

And so I did.

"I was 13! We were all 13! And you let them take 12 of us! You let them experiment and hurt 12 of us for 5 years. But I survived! And I'll get the others, motherfucker!" I screamed.

"Others?" Connor asked, but I couldn't answer. It was like a weight was lifting and I needed more of it gone.

"I am in love with my best friend and I am happy! I will help the other twins who you let be abused! I will save them, no matter what! Fucking try me again! I dare you, damn it!"

"I am stronger! I am better! And I am a hell of a lot more than what you set me up to be! Try again, bitch! I got my family back! Fuck you!" I screamed.

A few tears spread down my face. Connor was holding onto me. "Want to explain?" He asked.

And so I explained.

"Shit," he mumbled when I finished. I nodded. The sun was completely gone now. "We will get them back, Co." He assured me.

"We should head back to the house. Get ready." I told him. He agreed and we got back into the car.

I put on my makeup then decided my outfit. I grabbed a tight black shirt with light jeans. I wrapped a belt around the loops along with tall boots.

The shirt showed a lot of my cleavage, but I liked it. I left my hair in it's natural curl. I walked out to see Connor on his phone.

He looked at my outfit disapprovingly. I stopped before he could speak. "Let's go!" I urged. "Kayla will kill us if we are late." I told him.

He nodded and we left for our party.