25- seeing stars

We walked into the house. No one has spoken since we left the club.

Everyone began to depart toward their room. "Wait." I demanded, crossing my arms over my chest.

The boys turned around. Kayla had already collapsed on the couch. "He knew me. Knew you guys. So, I am going to ask. What happened?" I questioned.

The boys slowly sat on the couch and Connor began. "I started it up with them. About a year ago, I had just turned 17. And all I could think about was that it was another year without you." He explained.

Our birthday is soon, I thought. "I had heard of a small, but powerful gang around here, so I went looking for them. I found them. I didn't tell Luca or Dylan, but they found out and helped me."

"Then, we were in a warehouse going over some plans to try to find you. We never really got names. Never really spoke other than when going over plans involving you. We gave them money in exchange."

"But, a rival gang in the mafia attacked us. I guess they thought it was a real meeting between our gang. They killed their brother and refused to help anymore." He finished.

I let out a sigh. Seems I have a lot to blame myself for.

"Guys, we should get some sleep. It's been a long day." Luca spoke. The protecting big brother.

I nodded. We began to depart. Kayla went to go toward her room, but I quickly laced my fingers with hers.

"Sleep with me?" I begged. I shut my eyes since that sounded dirty in some ways. "And I mean in a actual sleep." I corrected myself. Great, I sound like Felicity Smoak.

She smiled and wrapped a arm around me. We went upstairs and changed out of the uncomfortable clothing.

"You looked hot tonight." Kayla informed me. I grinned.

"When I was attempting to seduce the men who blame me for their brothers death?" I joked. She snorted at my incredibly dry humor.

"Yeah, that sounds about right." She retorted as she pulled in sweat pants.

"Good times." I agreed and laid down on the bed. She jumped into the bed with me.

For awhile we didn't say anything. I knew she was awake. I could tell by her breathing.

I felt her grab my hand. "Come on." She demanded and pulled me out of the bed toward the window.

"What?" I whispered as she unlocked the window we snuck out of worn Bree to go to that party.

I should invite Bree over.

"Trust me." She urged as she stepped onto the roof and extended her hand to me. I put mine in hers and climbed out the window.

She quickly grabbed 4 blankets and some pillows that were sitting on a dest close to the window.

I grinned as we climbed up the roof a little until there was good footing.

She laughed and began to lay a spread two blankets out. She scattered the pillows. "Lay down." She ordered and so I did.

She draped a blanket over me and laid beside me, pulling another blanket on top of her.

I gazed at the stars that were shining incredibly bright tonight. "See that?" She motioned, pointing at a cluster of stars.

"I see it." I spoke, knowing she couldn't see me in the night sky.

"It's the Big Dipper. And a little below," she drew the air with her hand. "Is the Little Dipper." She told me.

I laughed when I saw it. "That's amazing. How'd you learn about this?" I questioned.

She hadn't been into astrology before. "When you were gone, I'd sleep in your room if one of your brothers weren't in here, or your parents. When I got restless, I'd come out here and look at the stars. They comforted me." She explained.

"How did they comfort you?" I whispered as she snuggled into my side, laying her head on my shoulder.

"Because I knew, no matter what, we both had the same stars. Made me feel closer to you." She answered.

I didn't have the heart to tell her that I hadn't looked at she stars there because I could never see them from my cell.

"Picked up a few things." She added.

"You know, a book I'm reading. Percy Jackson and The Titans Curse. There's a girl, names Zoe Nightshade. She loved the stars and when she died, she became a constellation." I frowned at her death, but smiled at the fact she was in the stars.

I felt her chuckle. "What was it like when I was...gone? No one really talks about it." I asked. She sighed.

"Quiet. Eerily quiet. It was like someone sucked the joy out of every room. Especially, Connor, it was like there was suppose to be two of you, but there wasn't. Even after all the years." She answered.

I played with my locker hanging on my chest. I changed the pictures. The family picture now included Gray and on the other side was a picture of Kayla and I.

We were about to kiss and we both had the biggest smile on our faces. The locket that saved my life.

Kayla picked her head up and began staring into my
eyes. She pushed her lips on mine slowly before it got heated.

She straddled me body as she continued to kiss me. My hands were lost in her hair as her rested on the sides of my head to hold her up.

She stumbled as she lost her balance. I quickly grabbed her hand to keep her from falling off the roof.

She snickered. "Doesn't very stable, eh?" I laughed. She buried her head in my chest.

"Not stable, peaceful though." She mumbled into my chest.

"Can't disagree with you there, Kay." I agreed. She got her body off of me, but her head continued to lay on my chest.

"Want to go inside?" She asked, positioning her head to look up at me.

"Not yet. I just want to enjoy this for a little while longer." I answered.

"I'm okay with that." She agreed.