9- day 2

"I am going to school." I told my father in a harsh tone. He groaned.

"Princess, the events of today scream not to let you go." He argued calmly. Hated when he did that.

"Dad, it won't happen tomorrow, okay? I'll be fine. Please." I begged giving him the puppy eyes.

"Fine." He sighed. I jumped happily before dashing to my room. I collapsed on my bed.

Kayla has went to her room after we brought Gray to the park. I heard a knock on my door and I sat up.

In walked Connor. I smiled. He'd been avoiding me since he got home. He sat on my bed beside me.

"You've been avoiding me." I pointed out. He laughed.

"Yeah well, finding out your twin sister was tortured for the past 5 years and you couldn't stop it makes you a little distant." He sighed.

I let out a breath. "Con, you did stop it. You gave me enough courage to run. I clinged to you. To my other half. The way I remembered your voice sounding. Or how you would always have time for me." I spoke softly on the verge of tears.

"You saved me, Connor." I told him. I heard him sniffle.

"You know, I would come into your room every night and just talk. Acted like you were here. Guess I was in denial. But talking to you kept me sane even though you didn't hear me." He confided.

I hung my head down. "You were my twin. Hell, you were my best friend. And when you were gone, it was like you took a piece of me with you and the rest of me just sunk into nothingness. But when you walked through that door it was like I could breathe again."He spoke.

I let out a whimper. "I'll always be your twin. And you will always be my best friend." I told him. He wrapped his arms around me.

He clung to me as if begging me not to ever leave him again and I didn't plan to.

Next Morning ———

I grabbed a white tank top and paired it with a grey sweater. I put on some black jeans along with some converse.

I grabbed my bag and walked down stairs. I only made it to one class yesterday. Today's goal is 2.

"Morning." Luca spoke grumpily. I heard Dylan laugh.

He grabbed Lucas cheeks and shook his head. "Is someone grumpy in the morning. I think he is." He spoke in a baby voice to him. I laughed.

Luca slapped Dylan's hands. "Fuck off." He hissed. Dylan just grinned before walking off. I plopped down on a chair.

Connor was talking to Gray so I quickly grabbed his cereal. After about my 3rd bite he noticed.

"Where the bell is my cereal?" He questioned. I started to eat faster, slightly laughing.

He looked at me and groaned. "Cora! That was mine, you cereal stealing pig." He screeched. He sounded like a parrot.

I laughed making cereal come out of my mouth. "Disgusting." I heard Luca mumble at my behavior.

I threw some cereal at him. Connor grabbed his bowl back and cringed. "Now it has twin germs." He gagged.

It was almost empty so he poured the remaining in the garbage. I looked around for Kayla but she wasn't here.

I walked toward her room. I opened the door not bothering to knock. And this bitch was still asleep.

I huffed. I ran and belly flopped on top of her. She screamed. She started at me confused and I just grinned.

"Wake up sleepy head." I cooed annoyingly. She pushed me off the bed.

"But seriously get dressed." I sighed not bothering to get off the ground.

She stood up from her bed and pulled me up. "Need some help?" I asked. She still looked pissed I woke her up.

Then she smirked. She wrapped her arms around my neck. "I might need some help getting undressed." She whispered in my ear. I shuddered.

"As tempting as that sounds and it does. Can't be late." I whispered back. She shrugged.

I groaned, grabbing her hand and pushing my lips to hers. She kissed me back, placing her hands on the side of my face.

We pulled away to catch our breathes. I pushed my forehead to hers. "Get dressed." I panted.

I moved away and sat in her rolly chair as she got ready. She walked over to check herself in the mirror.

She brought her hands to her neck where bruisers were from me choking her. I gulped.

"Want me to help you cover it?" I asked shyly, she looked at me before nodding.

I grabbed concealer and began putting it over her neck until it was unseeable. She smiled.

"Thank you." She whispered.

"Least I could do." I spoke back still feeling quite guilty.

"Get your asses down here before we leave y'all!" I heard Dylan scream. I giggled.

I went half way down the stairs after Kayla before running back into my room. I quickly grabbed a bottle of pills and ran back down, tucking them into my bag.

I had taken some when I woke up. "Let's go!" I grinned. We started to walk to the car.

"Can I drive?" I half screamed at Dylan. He looked at me like I was crazy.

"Sis, you don't have a license." He shook his head.

"I can use Connors. I basically look like him, but with a wig." I argued.

"Not happening. You're not driving my baby girl." He refused. I groaned and got in the back.

Connor laughed at my annoyance. Kayla rested her head on my shoulder.

Second day of school.