A Month to Love (14)

Mulai dari awal

Right here. I drew a line down the side of her neck slowly. Right here I think I'd like to kiss. There was something intimate about kissing someone’s neck. Perhaps that’s why I’d never tried it before but I wanted to right now. I was craving any form of closeness with her in any way, shape or form. And right here was where I wanted to do it. I traced the line again as if marking it like a cross on a pirate’s map. Maybe I’d be able to come back for it later.

‘You cut your face,’ she said, suddenly reaching up and turning my chin. It forced me to look away but I couldn’t complain too much seeing as she was fawning over me because of a tiny cut. ‘That’s what you get for using women’s razors,’ she added.

‘I really should have stocked up,’ I agreed, more focused on sliding my fingers through her own so she couldn’t touch my face anymore. Too distracting.

‘You could have waited another day,’ she blurted out.

Huh? Her regretful look made me suspicious. What hadn’t she meant to say? I had to sluggishly recall our conversation. Waited another day to shave my face? But why would I do that? Unless- hang on.

I was so obviously into the way she looked that I never really thought about whether she liked the way I looked. Interesting thought. To be honest, I didn’t pay myself the most attention. Sometimes on bad hair days I had to shove some gel in it and I was fortunate enough to have clear skin – some poor suckers suffered with scarring acne. I did count my blessings there. I was probably average looking really... brown hair and brown eyes. Didn’t girls usually fight over the blue-eyed smooth-talking kind of guys?

I was suddenly very interested to know what type of guy Raegan was into. Looks and personality wise. Although, I also didn’t want to know. I wanted it to be someone like me, just whatever the hell I even was. And unfortunately, if she wasn’t into someone like me then I guess there was nothing I could do about it. That thought made me kind of sad. But changing who you are just to be with someone else was a hell of a lot sadder. I could never do that, no matter how much I wanted to be with her.

‘What do you mean?’ I asked with a playful smirk.

Even if she thought I was the most gross creature on earth, I would still enjoy teasing her at every possibility.

‘I just- er,’ she broke off, frowning as she caught sight of the look on my face. She let out a short huff of air. ‘You look good with stubble.’

Oh yeah, that was hard for her to admit. She looked embarrassed. Funny ‘cos I’m pretty sure I complimented her a lot and I didn’t really give a shit. She was cute that way getting all shy.

Wait, so I was her type?

‘I never thought I’d see the day when you of all people told me I looked good,’ I couldn’t help but taunt her.

Internally I was doing cartwheels.

‘With stubble,’ she said hastily. ‘Other than that, you’re gross.’

Liar. She was lying! Her cheeks were all pink and she looked annoyed. This time I was almost certain of it.

‘Really? I wouldn’t use the word gross.’

‘What word would you use? I think gross is appropriate in many ways,’ she replied stubbornly, perhaps hoping I’d give up.

Too bad I liked her stubborn nature.

‘How so?

‘One, you like old people,’ she began making me grimace. ‘Two, you use women’s razors. Three-' she stopped, frowning slightly as she tried to come up with a third thing.