Probably not. He'd be busy thinking about Bennett instead.

With a sigh, Mirren looked down to his side and saw Niven curled up right next to him. He instantly beamed and felt his mood dissipate once he remembered Niven planned to stay a few nights at his dorm. He was extremely happy in knowing this.

He didn't even notice Niven waking up from his sleep, seeing Mirren with a wide grin.

Niven frowned. "What are you smiling about?"

Mirren laid back and directly sprawled across Niven's small form, almost crushing the boy. He purred in content and nuzzled his face in the crook of Niven's neck.

"I'm so glad you're here with me."

"You said that before we took a nap."

"I'm really happy you're staying here for a few nights."

"You also said that once I came over."

Still, Mirren was in a good mood and kept on purring. He stuck close to the boy and lazily kept his hands wandering on Niven's body, merely showing his own way of affection by constantly touching him just to make sure Niven was really here.

Niven didn't mind it and ran his hand through Mirren's hair. It caused the beastman to purr even louder, making Niven smile a little in amusement.

"Mirren?"

"Yes, baby?"

"Later this week, would you like to come with me to see my mother?"

Mirren's purring stopped and he suddenly got up, looking down at the boy with wide eyes.

"You want me to meet your mother? The grand duchess?"

"You've already met my father. I want to announce our relationship to my mother as well. She'll be happy to see you."

"I'm not... really sure if she'd like me," Mirren admitted hesitantly.

Mirren already heard a lot about the grand duke and recalled how strict the man was when it came to relationships. He considered nearly everyone an eyesore and was incredibly arrogant, so he didn't even put the imperial family in his eyes despite them also being powerful.

It was hard enough for Mirren to believe he got the man's invitation to come over, but he wondered if the grand duchess would accept him since he came from such a lowly background.

Silas and Agustine were aristocrats and their family had a long history, and their parents were highly influential. While Arien's tribe is different since they don't necessarily establish such a hierarchy, he still came from a very long line of powerful beastmen and was a descendant of a dire wolf so his abilities he possessed were unnatural for any beastman to have. Even Grimmwolf could be considered better than him considering he was practically raised in Arien's tribe.

Mirren doesn't have anything like them. He doesn't even have his own guardian anymore... he's basically by himself.

"I don't know what you're thinking of, but you should stop it," Niven stated with a frown. "I don't really get why you're so worried. I already told my mother about you and she'll be really happy if you'd come with me."

"Are you sure? She won't like, chase me out or anything?"

"Yeah." Niven grabbed the brunet's face and gripped onto him tightly, making sure Mirren was paying attention to what he was saying. "I'm completely sure."

Mirren dropped back down on top of Niven, slightly relieved to know he was probably worrying about nothing.

Since the boy was pretty adamant about this, Mirren supposed it wouldn't hurt to try and visit the rest of his family.