How To Get Over Boredom

Akari's POV

"Looks like this side of the trail is empty." I said looking around the place. "I have none on my side either." Kakashi said coming to our meeting point. "It's getting dark, maybe we should go see how the kids are doing." I said and he nodded. We headed to the side where the kids were and saw that the three of them were fine mostly. "What happened to you two?" Kakashi asked looking at theirs hands which were stuck together. "Well there was this guy who can shoot glue, and he shot it at us when we were trying to get the statue and then we got it and fell into a canyon and we were stuck together like this." Naruto said waving his hands around including the one that was stuck to Sasuke making him irritated. "Stop it, he shoots webs and that man's right over there." Sasuke said pointing behind them.

"It looks like the statue can be melted and remolded, that could work right." Kakashi said looking at the banged up statue of a bear holding a fish. "I think it might be possible." I said and saw that the two were arguing again. "The web would dissolve in two days, I think you guys can take that long together right." Kakashi said and I shook my head looking at the two pulling at their hands. "Let's head back then." I said and Naruto started shouting. "Not again." Sasuke said as I turned around. "No, before it was number one, now it's number two." Naruto said dragging Sasuke behind the bush with him. "We really have to figure out a way to separate them, even if the hand is trapped." I said and Kakashi nodded smirking.

We reported and headed back home dropping the kids off at their houses. Naruto and Sasuke decided to stay at Sasuke's place since it was closer. "I hate these kinds of missions." I said flopping down onto the bed. "We get lots of breaks now though." Kakashi said and I raised an eyebrow at him. "Okay, so what happened to the, rules and always work needed Kakashi." I said sitting up on the bed. "I guess, I got used to not having to go on missions." Kakashi said not even looking up from his book. I got bored lying around so I thought of a plan.

I made a shadow clone and sent it to the door and my clone knocked on the door. "Could you get that, Kashi?" I asked rolling to the other side. He sighed and put the book down before getting up and going to the door. I quickly took the book and shun shined out of the house since I changed into the outside clothes. I giggled when my clone disappeared giving me Kakashi's startled expression. "That's what he gets for reading this stupid book." I said to myself and walked up to Kurenai's place. I knocked twice on the door before Asuma opened making me smirk. "So you guys still going to deny dating." I said sitting down on her couch while the two became red.

"What are you doing here anyways, Akari." Kurenai asked and I waved Kakashi's book around. "Let's say I got bored." I said putting the book back in my pouch. "Kakashi stayed reading his book without doing anything huh, that's kind of how he's been lately." Asuma said. "I'm also starting to think why he's like this." I said and Kurenai shrugged. "He just changed after lord third put him off ANBU." Kurenai said and I sensed Kakashi's chakra coming near the place. "I have to go now, also none of you saw me." I said and jumped out of the small balcony onto the ground. "AKARI." I heard Kakashi shout behind me and I turned around to face him and stuck my tongue out before running off.

"Akari sensei can you help us, please." Naruto said and I nodded. "Okay you two can run to two sides alright, and I'll see if this works." I said and both of them ran to the other side and I did hand signs for a jutsu. "Lightning style: lightning strike." I said and lightning stroked separating the two of them. "That's the much I can do." I said and Sasuke said hn while Naruto nodded. "See you guys." I said and ran out of the house and to the training grounds. "Akari, come on I need my book back." Kakashi said coming at me. "What so special about this book anyways." I said and opened the, oh so famous Icha Icha paradise book.

I read the first chapter before scrunching up my face in disgust. "Kakashi really." I said and he raised his hands in defense. "I just got bored, and Jiraiya gave it to me for my birthday, and it was interesting." Kakashi said explaining the situation. "Now, I'm thinking of destroying that bookshelf and maybe a sannin." I said throwing the book at Kakashi. "Please don't destroy the bookshelf, I won't read it all the time." Kakashi said hugging me from behind. "I guess I could do that." I said and Kakashi sighed in relief. "But only because it makes you happy." I said and he nuzzled his head into my hair making me giggle.

"How about, I take you out on a real date tonight." Kakashi said while walking back to the apartment. "You don't really have to, I mean we've been together for like, what 12 years." I said and he looked like thinking. "Well considering those six months, and the five years you were gone and other stuff, I'm thinking 6 years." Kakashi said. "Fine, I'll go on my first date with my boyfriend for 6 years." I said and Kakashi nodded gleefully.

We made it back home and I went straight to my room before realizing that I had no clothes for going out like this. "I guess, I'm going to go shopping huh." I said to myself since I hated shopping.