Sadness

Akari's POV

I heard beeping I was coming back to consciousness. "Lord third is she alright we came as soon as we got back from the mission." I heard Kushina's voice. "She's fine Kushina, that is physically mentally I don't know yet." Gramps said.  "What do you mean by that." Kushina asked. "Well her team is apparently dead, the two boys died and are now written as KIA and Ai is in the hospital but there's no chance of her being a ninja again." Gramps explained. 

"Are they really dead." I asked my voice croaky. "Akari!" Kushina said when she realized that I've heard their conversation. "Yes, their dead but your sensei is still alive Akari, but she won't be a ninja anymore." Gramps explained. "We'll leave for now if you want to be alone." Minato sensei said and they left. I got up from the bed and headed down the hallway. "Do you know which room Ai Sasayaki is in." I asked the nurse and she pointed to a door at the end of the hallway. 

"Ai sensei." I said as I went near her bed as no one was in the room. "Don't call me sensei, this is all your fault." She said. "But I-" "You are a chunin and you were suppose to be stronger than the both of them, but you can barely defend your comrades nevertheless you couldn't even complete the mission, you were never my student and don't you dare call me sensei." She cut me off and kept talking. By the time she was done I was at the verge of tears. I ran into my room and changed into my things and jumped out of the window and went to my apartment. 

I saw the picture we took together as a team and it made me feel even worse about their deaths. I locked my room and he house and stayed there crying. "There was nothing I could do I wasn't strong enough" these words kept repeating over and over in my head. 

I woke up next morning and there was banging on the door I just decided to ignore it which was unlike me. "Akari open the door please." I heard Kushina's voice and I buried my legs more into my chest and just stayed. 

I left my room later that evening I wanted to say goodbye to my friends even if I wasn't at the funeral

I left my room later that evening I wanted to say goodbye to my friends even if I wasn't at the funeral. "Hi guys I guess I'm late for the first time ever." I said and chuckled sadly. "I sorry I wasn't able to save you I tried but I wasn't strong enough. I really wanted to thank you guys you were great friends." I said and I sat there crying the last of my tears, before I got up. 

"Are you Akari Kato." I heard a voice and I turned around to meet a woman. I nodded. "Hayato wanted to give you this for your birthday he was very excited." She said handing me a box and I hesitantly took it. "Thank you. I-I'm sorry." I said my voice still cracking. "Oh, don't worry dear it wasn't your fault, I mean look at you aren't you only six don't shoulder such a burden." She said kindly. 

I went home to find Minato and Kushina in the kitchen waiting for me. "Akari there you are." Minato said worry evident in his voice. I couldn't hold it in anymore, I ran right into Kushina tears streaming from my eyes. She hugged me and ran circles on my back till I calmed down. 

Kushina's POV

Akari cried for almost an hour before she fell asleep. "Minato this is not good she hasn't eaten for a day." I said to Minato then I saw a small box on the floor near the door an I motioned him to it. "Akari had it with her when she came in." Minato said briefly before putting it on the coffee table. "Let's ask the Hokage to send her in a mission to meet you know who." I said and put Akari down on the couch and was about to leave when her hand tugged Minato's sleeve.

"Don't go." she said barely audible. Minato carried her to her room and I followed. I lie down next to Akari with Minato on the other side of her. I fell into a dreamless sleep while hugging Akari she is like a daughter to me.   

~Time skip a two days~

Akari's POV  

I hated going outside so I stayed in my house and it's already been two days. Kushina and Minato was sent on a mission so I was alone and I started to feel that no one, knew I was gone. Todays Fourth February, my birthday and I finally decided to open Hayato's present and see what's inside. It was a scroll. I opened it and saw that it was a summoning scroll. I summoned what was in the scroll and it was a necklace with a blue chain. It had a small circle it also had the kanji symbol of friendship written on the center of the circle. It was made as a necklace but I couldn't wear it, I just didn't want to feel like they are around again. So I put it back in the box and put the box into my closet. 

"Thank you Hayato

"Thank you Hayato." I said softly. There was a knock on the door and I got up and went near the door and looked out to see who it was. I saw Kurenai, Asuma and Gai waiting outside smiling. I guess they don't know. I thought.  I put on a fake smile and opened the door welcoming my friends. "Happy birthday Akari." The three of them said in unison. "Come on we're going to the tea shop." Asuma said and Kurenai dragged me there as soon as I locked the house.

"Guys really I'm fine with a simple gift." I said while I was dragged into the tea shop. "Happy birthday." There was a loud shout from a lot of people in the shop. Kushina and Minato also all my classmates including Kakashi, the only people who weren't there were my teammates, cause they're dead. 

We talked and had fun. "Akari, what are you doing now since your chunin." Rin and Kurenai asked me. "I um train and go on missions I guess." I said deciding to not bring up my teammates. "Okay everyone lets cut the cake then we'll open the presents." Kushina announced. I blew out the candles without bothering to make a wish there was no point for me in that. 

I started to open the presents. First it was Kurenai's gift, she gave me a bracelet decorated in blue and green beads. Guy gave me dumbbells. From Rin a book about medical ninjutsu. I opened Kushina and Minato's gift before I opened the last one it was a series of books that I read a lot called; A Shinobi's Life. I opened Kakashi's gift last and it was a Kunai set. Well I didn't expect anything from him so I wasn't disappointed. 

The party continued even if I kept my façade up I still wished that my team was here. I went home and locked myself in my room again and sat there while tears rolled down my eyes non stop. I couldn't stop thinking about them and their death.

Minato's POV 

"She locked herself up again." I said to lord third. Me and Kushina were in the Hokage's office talking about Akari. "I suppose it is time I send her to her mother." lord third said. "May I ask who it is." I asked curious. "I suppose Kushina didn't tell you, Akari's Parents are no other than Dan Kato and Tsunade senju." lord third said. So that's where the strength is from. I thought.