Lightning

Akari's POV 

"Kushina sensei what are we going to do today." I asked interested. "I'll first have to test your skills ya'know." She said cheery as always. "Come at me with the intent to kill." she said in a serious voice. I ran at her and we engaged in a taijutsu battle her taking the upper hand of course. I stepped back a little and gathered chakra into my fist before I went at Kushina sensei. I aimed at her but she dodged making me hit the ground with all that force which made it crack.  

"That's some strength." Sensei commented, after we finished. "Well we still need to train in ninjutsu and genjutsu. Do you know what your chakra nature is." Kushina sensei asked. "I have no idea I think it's lightning." I said pondering. "We'll figure that out tomorrow, would you mind if anyone else tags along." sensei asked. "Not at all it will be more fun." I said gleefully. "Great I already asked lord third and he said it would be fine if you are."  She said. 

I left the training grounds and was heading home when I was stopped by three people. Kurenai, Asuma and sadly Kakashi. "Hey guys." I said with a wave. "Hi Akari we haven't seen you for a while are you ok?" Kurenai asked. "Yeah I'm fine actually better." I said in my usual cheerful tone. "So why aren't you at the academy." Asuma asked and I sweat dropped. "I'm genin now, how dumb can you get." I said. 

"Genin." Both Asuma and Kurenai said in unison and Kakashi stared wide eyed. "Yeah, I was expecting the head band to explain it really." I said a little irritated. "Well see you around." I said before running towards my apartment. "She can't be serious." I heard Asuma say after I left. 

I woke up early morning and got ready for training. "I should probably grab something for lunch." I said to myself. I was running late so I left. When I got to the training ground I saw a red head which was sensei And someone with blond hair. I ran up to them ready to get an earful for being late. "Akari you right on time, this is Minato." Kushina sensei said and Minato waved. 

"So we're going to find your chakra nature, just focus your chakra to the paper." Minato sensei said handing me a piece of chakra paper. "When it's lightning it will crumble in paper, wind it will split in half, water it will get soaked, fire it will turn into ashes and earth it will turn into sand." Kushina sensei explained. "Like this Kushina and I will demonstrate it." Minato sensei said. And both their paper slit in half as in they have wind chakra. 

I focused my chakra and the paper crumbled before splitting into half. "Two chakra natures I've never seen that before." Minato sensei mumbled. "Well great guess you'll be as strong as your parents." Kushina said and my ears perked up to the word parents. "Parents you know my parents." I asked hopefully. "Sorry Akari but I don't know much about them but they were known as amazing shinobi." Kushina answered and my mood dulled for a couple of seconds before I recovered. 

"It's alright anyways you told me you were teaching me a new jutsu today Kushina sensei." I said joyfully. "Right so I was going to teach you a lightning style jutsu that's why I called Minato." sensei said. 

I was exhausted after training so Minato sensei carried me to my apartment. As soon as he dropped me off I went straight to bed not bothering to take a shower. 

Flashback/ dream  

"Are you going to cry." One of the boys said. "How pathetic you can't even fight." Another boy said. "I bet your parents even died because they didn't want you." The third one said. 

"My parents didn't leave me because they didn't want me and you know nothing about them I said standing up. "Like we care." The first one said punching me in the stomach so that I fell again. I coughed up blood as tears were streaming down my face. They walked away and I started running as fast as I can trying to get as far as possible until I bumped into someone. 

"Akari are you alright." I heard Sakumo's voice. "I'm fine. it's okay." I said keeping my head down. Sakumo picked me up and took me to his place which I go a lot with Kakashi. He treated my wounds. And for the first time I saw him without a smile. 

I woke up and sat on the bed remembering that day. 

From that day onwards I promised myself that no matter what happens, I would smile in front of the people that worries about me. But after I started with it I planned to smile as it is a mask that covers my sadness and loneliness. I thought. 

New chapter yay. So I have a question for you guys for future purposes of course.

Do you want Minato, Kushina and The rest of team Minato to be alive.

Or just same as the Naruto storyline.

I'll look out for comments till February 28 2021.

Your truly Author- Chan