A Rush of Adventure

Start from the beginning

*******

Kari and Sam finished all the Demons and disposed of the bodies using a disintegration spell.

"Thanks kids. You did a great job." Franz said. "Especially you, in the dress. Sorry about the damage to it though." Kari looked down at her gown. It was torn in places and had a large slit going up the side. She shook her head signaling that it wasn't a big deal.

Billy was still finishing up with fixing the house. "Not you though. You suck." Franz gestured to Billy.

"Hey! I am trying my best here! Your house is seriously messed up. And I have an injury!" Billy whined. One of the Demons jumped on him and cracked a few ribs. Sam threw it off Billy and Kari healed him as best as she could. They intended to find a healer after the went back to Earth.

"Dude, I would have been finished by now if I was you. Even with an injury." Kari joked.

"Well, you're not me now are you?" Billy retorted. Kari chuckled. He finished with the last if his spells. "Done! Now we can leave."

"Yes, thanks again for your help. Send Tom my regards. Tell him to visit once in a while." Franz sat down in his now fixed living room.

"Hey, maybe I should put a spell on the house to deter the Demons from you?" Kari asked.

"No need. They'll be too scared to come here now. As much as they like to destroy things, they like their lives much more." Franz said confidently. The kids nodded an bid the old Dwarf farewell.

They were walking away from the newly rebuild cabin when Kari spoke.

"So, where do you live? I'll Transport you back."

"In a city called Fox Falls." Sam replied.

"Minnesota?" Kari asked.

"Yeah." Sam replied.

"I live 2 hours from there in Sacred Heart. I can get you home no problem." Kari said.

"Weird. Another coincidence. You live in Minnesota too. Either that or I'm way better at Transport Magic than you give me credit for." Billy said. The other two laughed at that.

Kari was on the verge of tears she was laughing so hard. Billy must have felt really insulted by that. "Hey! I am a great Wizard! Watch!" He casted his spell.

"I cast! Transport Spell: Trannastomos!"

A bright orange light engulfed the three kids. Soon they were thrown-literally thrown- by Billy's transport.

Kari felt weightless for a moment, then she felt strong arms around her. Sam had caught her. They were in a woodsy area. Kari saw the familiar skyline of Sacred Heart in the distance.

"What kind of Transporting is that?! We were basically thrown here!" Sam was holding Kari bridal style. She nudged him to put her down. "Thanks. How come you're still standing?"

"I am used to being thrown around by Billy's Magic, so I just learned to catch myself." Sam said shrugging. "Billy, however, is still not used to it." Sam pointed at his brother, who was upside down and desperately clinging into a tree branch.

"Yeah, instead of talking about it, how 'bout helping me?!" Billy said. Sam went under where Billy was hanging. Sam went to the tree and touched it's trunk. There was a faint dark blue light and suddenly the tree's branch slowly lowered Billy. Once on the ground, Billy wiped off his clothes.

"How did you do that?" Kari asked Sam.

"He's always had the ability to 'talk' to trees. We don't know why though. It's strange, but it's cool too." Billy responded. Kari nodded. 'Some type of Plant Magic? Perhaps, a Curse? Strange...'

"Besides, we should concentrate on the fact that I got us here!" Billy bragged.

"Yeah, but badly." Kari said.

"It doesn't matter how we got here, it matters that we are here." Billy said crossing his arms.

Kari had to hand it to him. They were here. Well, two hours away, but close enough. "Yeah, even though we're in Sacred Heart, but good job anyway kid."

"I'm pretty sure I'm older than you." Billy said.

"I doubt it." Kari replied.

"I'm 17. How old are you, 13?" Billy said.

"15, but I'm way more mature than you are." Kari said. Billy grimaced at her. She didn't notice him holding his torso and wincing in pain.

"15?" Sam said. "You do act more mature than Billy. You seem older."

"How old are you? 20?" Kari asked.

"18." Sam said.

"Oh, adult. That's why you seem so cool. You're old!" Kari meant that as a compliment, but Sam looked as if he felt a bit insulted anyway.

"Ugg, let's just go home. I feel... I feel..." Billy walked to a tree to support himself.

"Billy? Are you okay?" Sam went towards his brother. Billy waved him back.

"Yeah, I'm as right as... " Billy put a hand over his mouth and puked up blood and it got all over his shirt. "...Rain... " He fell backwards. Sam caught him before he hit the ground.

"Billy! Billy!" Sam tried to get his brother to respond, but Billy was out.

"OhmyGod! I- This is all my fault! I didn't heal him properly!" Kari said.

"It's not your fault. You even said that you were only good at healing superficial wounds. I can tell that this is more than just superficial. Don't blame-" Sam suddenly turned his head and looked behind Kari. His eyes turned yellow. His teeth grew sharp. And his voice deepened. "Who's there? Show yourself!"

There was a rustling noise and Kari heard a familiar voice.

"Its alright. We can help you." Sam's eyes widened and he turned to Kari. She couldn't read his expression. She decided to turn around and look for herself.

She couldn't believe who was in front of her.

---

A/N:

Hello

So, who's behind her??? Someone she knows obviously, but is it an enemy? Or a friend?

And what the heck is with Sam's ability?? He can 'talk' to trees? What's with that?

Will Billy be alright? He puked up blood all over his cool shirt for cripes sake!!

Okay, now that I've totally ruined your day with these insane questions, I can take my leave!

Oh, please leave a comment, or vote! I appreciate you taking the time to do it!

Ciao for now.