The Boy Who Waited

Start from the beginning

"I'm done sleeping for now." Sam said. He went to the island in the middle of the kitchen and sat down on one of its stools. "I'm hungry, actually."

"Oh, yes of course!" Milo put his mug down.

"I'll just put together something to eat if you don't mind." Sam stood up but Milo raises his hands.

"Wait a second. You still need rest. Don't strain yourself!"

Sam raised an eyebrow. "It's no strain. Anyway, I like to cook."

"No, you shouldn't!" Milo said. "Let... Let me cook for you! How about that?"

"Can you cook?"

"Of course! Cooking's easy!"

"Alright." Sam sat back down. "Cook for me then."

"O-kay... What... what do you want to eat?" Milo asked with a hint of nervousness in his voice. Sam caught that.

"Well, what time is it?"

"6:23."

"A.m?"

"Yes."

"How long was I asleep?"

"4 days."

"Okay. Make me pancakes. A lot, please. In case Billy or Kari wake up."

Milo nodded. He, hesitantly, started to make the pancakes. 10 minutes later, he finished a whole bunch. He put a plate and utensils in front of Sam. "Syrup?" Sam nodded and Milo brought him syrup. Sam took a forkful of the food and ate it. After minute, Milo spoke. "Well? How is it?" Sam made a 'hmm' noise. "What does that mean? Is it good or not?" Sam swallowed.

"Good for your fist try."

"First try?"

"You're supposed to leave the batter a little lumpy when you make pancakes. This is your fist time cooking isn't it?"

"Just because I didn't make the batter lumpy doesn't mean its my first time cooking."

"No. But the way you were acting gave it away."

Milo sighed. "Okay, yeah its my fist time. Its bad isn't it?"

"Yes. It has salt in it instead of sugar."

"I'm sorry! I swear I thought it was sugar!" Milo picked up the sugar container. "But, it smells like sugar, how could I have confused it?" He smelled it. "Oh! Someone pranked me! They put salt into the sugar container, then added some sugar on top to mask the smell! Damn..." Milo put the sugar down. "Since I don't cook, this prank wasn't intended for me. Poor Cam will be disappointed."

"Cam?"

"My twin brother. He likes his pranks."

"Oh yeah? He and Billy should get along great then."

"Hey." Sam turned to see Zing enter the kitchen. He frowned when he saw Sam. "Is...?"

"No, still out. Be patient Z. She'll wake up soon." Milo said. Zing's shoulders slumped.

"Can I...?" Zing started.

"No. Wait until she's awake! You can't see her before then." Zing opened his mouth but Milo answered his question. "Because you'll wake her before she's rested, thats why."

"The Time Skip's taken its toll on our bodies. She'll wake soon." Sam said.

"The only reason there was a Time Skip was because of your stupid Wizard friend!" Zing said angrily.

"Excuse me, but-"

"No! Your stupid fucking friend couldn't even Transport the first time! Why would you let him try again? You took my best friend and stole her away from me for a whole year!" Zing said interrupting Sam. Sam drew the line there. Zing was about to say something else when Sam stopped him.