CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT: NEW CIRCLES

SNOH

                 "You're my father's fiancée?"

                 "Ah... yes, has he spoken about me or anything of the sort? We have been together for quite some time now." Her voice was laced with uncertainty and worry at the possibility of my father not mentioning their potential union with one another.

                  What was up with my brother and father brother hiding their significant others like some sort of taboo that no one in the public should know of? And only to me! It seems I hear of these revelations only through the mouths of others and not my own family.

                  "No, he hasn't said anything... at all. In fact, I was unaware he was even in a relationship until now." I stated boldly. There was no way for me to sugar coat it; I didn't know this woman well—or if at all, it wouldn't do me any good to pretend my father and I were in contact so much that I was aware of what was going on in his private life when that was very much not the case.

                  Scholar Raelle's nervous smile titled into a deep-set frown the moment those words left my mouth. "I see..." She cleared her throat deeply, "Well, we've been engaged for four isos now." She stated.

                  "And you haven't made a union yet?" I nearly clasped my hand over my mouth when I said this. I did not mean for it to come out the way it did. Curse, my internal thoughts! I had a major problem of doing this when I was younger though is subsided the older I got, but that didn't mean slip-ups wouldn't slide there here and there, like now.

                  I watched as the scholar rubbed the back of her head, avoiding my gaze as if she too were embarrassed by the fact that their engagement had stretched out for that long. She cleared her throat and turned her gaze back to me, her deep aquamarine-colored eyes flashed with an intensity of curiosity as she continuously looked me over.

                  "Well, your father is quite busy as the High Chancellor of the academy and I do have my teachings that are also quite tiresome... I teach second and third iso students as well." She pursed her fully glossed red lips and continued speaking, "Where have you been all this time if not with your father?" She questioned me lightly.

                  I arched my eyebrow, wondering myself why she was so worried about the information but I answered regardless, "With my mother." I didn't give any more details; I didn't know this woman outside of her teaching abilities and the last thing I needed was more rumors being spread about my personal life here on the academy's campus.

                  Scholar Raelle seemed to be waiting on for me to continue on with my statement, but I refused, opting instead to hoist my satchel higher against my shoulder and turn towards the door. "It has been lovely speaking with you Scholar Leogio, but I do have other classes to attend at the moment and I'd rather not make a poor impression by turning up tardy on my first day." I nodded towards her briefly before walking out of the door of the classroom.

                  "Okay then! Maybe we'll see each other now outside of the classroom!" She called out.

                  I didn't respond, continuing my trudge to my next class of the day.

                  I would have to speak with my father personally once I had the opportunity today; I hadn't seen him since I first walked into to Clouiths to see him. I hope that now that we had a little time apart, he'd be a bit more "appreciative" of my presence here, but there was no telling until I saw him again.

                  Though my mind was plagued with the very recent secrets my brother and father have been hiding from me, I managed to find the next building where my Spell Binding and Rituals lecture would be held. I'm sure Saam would be proud to know I found my way without his assistance; but this academy was extremely large could you really blame me.