CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE: GUESSING GAMES

SNOH

           A Prime Mage Chairman. I was caught off-guard by Niloh's revelation, though short in explanation, his occupation was filled with a lot of prestige and power. If there were any powerful people in Wysteria he was definitely one of them. The order went like this: The Grand Empress—Aquila, the ruler of everything that is known as Wysteria; shortly followed by the Grand Duchess, the second in command of the country who quite frankly was seen out more than the Empress was, and right after that, the Prime Mage Chairman which is what Niloh identified himself as.

            I had never personally seen the Mage Chairman in my entire life, but then again, the Wysterian government was quite reclusive; if you weren't important, there was a high chance that you wouldn't be able to see these officials roaming the streets like regular folk.

            The Prime Mage Chairman was known as the head and sole leader of the group of elementalists—the strongest known in Othea used to fight battles, research new magical abilities, and protect their nation as a whole. I heard rumors about the group consisting of a variety of mages from different nations, but I wasn't sure myself; no one knew of the members within that circle.

          The Prime Mage Chairman was seen as the most powerful of that group, thus inscribing him as the official leader, tasked to manage the ins and outs of the selected group.

           To be part of those chosen individuals was above prestige and honor; elementalists could only ever dream of applying to be part of the official Wysterian Mage sector, but to no avail, as there was a secret criterion that had to be met in order to become a part of something as grand as that. I wanted to ask Niloh more questions about his profession, but from the short experience I had speaking to him, I doubt he would give me much of an answer past that of "it's boring" or "it's a secret".

           The dinner we shared together once I had gotten to learn a little more about him, had turned to more of him asking me questions here and there mostly about what I planned on doing at Clouiths; I had no idea how the academy functioned so, I would have to figure it out once I was there, so there was not much more I could say on that topic.

           After the very appeasing meal, Niloh parted ways bidding me a well evening before returning to his own suite; I don't know when I'd be able to see him again on the train, but I held on hope that before our train arrived in Oaocene, I would be able to see him one more time. Just like when I had met Empress Aquila, something about Niloh felt... familiar; like I knew him, but not in the personal sense since he was way older than me, but I guess spiritually would be a more accurate way to explain it.

          He just didn't feel like a regular stranger that I would come across on the daily.

           Later on, after walking around a bit on the train with Saam, I retired back to my suite to wash up. The en-suite shower was extremely pleasant; who knew that such a marvelous set-up could be so luxurious in a place such as a train? The water was heated and trickled over my skin like soft kisses from a dear lover; the overall style of the bathroom was unquestionably mesmerizing with tons of high-grade stone and gold finishes on the faucets and turn-knobs of the different utilities.

          When I finished cleaning up, I slipped on something light so I could dive into bed, but before I would do that, I decided that having something warm to drink would be nice. I didn't want to bother Mr. Nisus, but I also thought it wouldn't be appropriate to walk around the train in a robe and slippers no matter how great my suite was.

           Regardless of my unwillingness, I pulled on the soft string, causing the bell to chime out loudly alerting Mr. Nisus to my bedroom suite. He was over in an exceptional amount of time, knocking softly at my door to which I hurriedly pulled a robe over my shoulders to greet him.