CHAPTER FOURTEEN: LETTER OF ENDORSEMENT

SNOH

"I asked for a Fiestran Tiger Lily and you made me a parrot flower."

  "I apologize I'm not very good at my magic, it's very novel to me."

Mr. Doan looked at me with a steady gaze before his eyes lifted towards the overgrown parrot flower that had blossomed way past what a normal plant would be. The plant rested at the ceiling of the head director's office, so much that the crock of the stem bent at an angle in order to compensate for its height. I had tried my best, but it seemed my magic was doing its own thing as of now; not to mention the added stress of a few admission colleagues watching this entire testing sequence silently behind me.

"I see." He returned his gaze back to me. "But here's the odd thing about this test, Miss Encre..." I watched a smile quiver against the rim of his large lips, "When growing this plant, you seemed to have used a bit of light magic as well in accordance with the earth element." He stated.

I nodded slowly, "I don't know how to make both of them work together, but it seems that my magic did that for me." I replied. Mr. Doan was right, as I was attempting to manifest the desired Tiger Lily he was looking for, the small pot that he had gathered for me to build this plant in was devoid of nutrients in order to sustain such a plant. So, I assumed subconsciously as I attempted to manifest my magic, that it caused some sort of reaction that pulled out my light element gifts as well. That added need for sunlight allowed the plant to grow healthily, but it was due to my unbalancing within, that it grew ten times the size it was meant to be.

One of the committee watchers, instantly lifted their hands to interrupt the integration, they spoke before there was any rebuttal, "Mr. Doan, sir! That would mean she is currently possessing three elements at the moment and not two!" The woman stated confidently.

Mr. Doan looked over at the woman with a crooked smile, cocking his head to the side as replied to her, "That would seem so, Xina. I was attempting to get to that before you rudely interrupted me, hm?" He said to her in a condescending tone.

I cringed out of second-hand embarrassment and watched as the tanned woman shrink back into her seat, avoiding as much eye contact as possible. "Sheesh! They're even rude to each other!" I said to Saam. Once everything had calmed down, he removed himself from his position at the edge of the window as to not draw any attention to himself.

"I would suppose in the world of elite academia... there's even a classist system between peers." He stated. I agreed with him but again focused my attention back on Mr. Doan who was watching me intently as if I were a fascination of my own.

"Did I pass the test?" I found myself blurting out when he wouldn't speak.

Mr. Doan chuckled lightly and sat back in his chair, "You know how rare it is to possess more than two elements, Miss Encre?" He completely ignored my question in order to pose one of his own to me. I frowned, not sure how to reply to inquisition due to the fact that I myself was unaware of any elementalists being able to wield more than two themselves!

When Empress Aquila informed me that this was very much possible within our species I was flabbergasted, nonetheless curious as to how this could happen but she didn't speak more on the topic.

"Um... no I'm not quite sure, sir," I replied to him.

He chuckled as if he found my response amusing and sat back up in his chair, "So rare you have a higher chance by being smited by the Ultimate Goddesses themselves than possessing another element. Now that leads me to wonder... just what is so special about you? What makes you so different from the rest of us?" He questioned more of himself than me.