CHAPTER FIFTY: FLYING HIGH

SNOH

I don't know how long it's been since I've been out shopping and for clothing at that; I recall heading out to the marketplace to gather items such as food, spices, and other household items that my mothers called upon me to collect whenever they needed me to.

I mean I definitely went out with Lulu and Enid in my younger days to shops around the districts that were within our price range to pick up things that caught our eye, but most of the time, those items were fun trinkets we could mess around with. I didn't shop for clothes much and most of the reason I had clothes was that my mother and Yursa would buy things that would be nice on me on their way back from their daily activities.

So there was no doubt when I entered one of the boutiques on the stretch of downtown Kraken with Leigh, I was a bit puzzled and overwhelmed by the number of dresses and accessories laid out for customers to try on and buy.

The store was absolutely stunning and the gowns seemed to almost glisten and sparkle with mesmerizing colors and delights. There were bright lights lighting up the rather small boutique so that one could get the best view of the dress they intended to purchase; only a few ladies were in here with us and they were currently fishing through the racks of dresses themselves or were being aided by the sales associates of the boutique.

 There were bright lights lighting up the rather small boutique so that one could get the best view of the dress they intended to purchase; only a few ladies were in here with us and they were currently fishing through the racks of dresses themsel...

"Snoh! Snoh! Now, look at this! How stunning is this gown!" Leigh pulled at my arm and dragged me to the nearest corner of the dress shop to show me a dress that had caught her attention.

Leigh pulled the hanger from the rod it was resting on and laid it out against herself to see how well it was fair against her own body. Leigh popped her head up, her coily curls sprinting out against her face as her eyes awaited my opinion on the ensemble.

I bent over and peered closer at the mint-green dress that seemed to have sparkling rhinestones embedded in the bodice and chest of the fabric. "It looks pretty." I finally commented as I stood up straight.

Leigh titled her head to the side, her full lips curved into a displeased pout, "Just pretty? It's not stunning enough is it?" She brought the dress back into the rack and began strutting into the store in search of the dress that would capture her attention the most.

We spent a couple of minutes, thumbing through dress racks idle before a representative stopped by where we were looking and offered us some help.

"Welcome to Vivera Leron's Dress Boutique. Are you ladies looking for something in particular?" The shop associate inquired curiously.

Leigh nodded adamantly, completely turning her attention to the saleswoman, "My friend and I are looking for dresses for the upcoming Crimson Ball and we need assistance looking for unique dresses." She stated adamantly.

The woman nodded as if she understood completely, "I see... are you first-year students looking to make an impression?" She asked us both.

"Yes!" Leigh answered almost immediately.