Chapter 042

In their cell, Gabi Braun feigns illness so Falco Grice's shouts of concern are able to draw in a Garrison guard to look at her. When the guard approaches, Gabi suddenly attacks him, beating his head with a cloth-wrapped brick. Falco expresses doubts about their escape, but Gabi believes that staying will result in them being killed.

Falco introduces them to the Braus family as siblings Ben and Mia and offers to work if the family will let them stay for a few days. Artur Braus welcomes them and says there is no need for them to bow. They can stay as long as they like and he invites them to breakfast.

They sit down and Lisa Braus tries to pat Gabi on the head, only for Gabi to push her arm away in horror. Though the other children at the table are shocked, Lisa apologizes, saying that Gabi must have been through a lot. Falco apologizes as well and digs into his breakfast in an attempt to break the tension. He tries to get Gabi to eat as well, and she reluctantly takes a bite.

I took her to the cell.

"Violet I'm glad to see you better"

"Out of everyone I didn't think it would be you. Emily"

"Have you ever been in a cell like this too"

"No"

"I do not regret what I did at all"

"You'll be here longer if you keep that up."

I look at the girl. She truly change. Everyone had an opinion on their own. To think she was the girl who I save from getting hit when Rod. She had join right away. She is just 15.

"Violet I'm still the same person you'll save that day"

I walk closer to the cell.

"Emily you may be the same person. But I am no longer. I will stop Eren from the rumbling. So please stop this madness. We don't want to have to fight each other right"

I turn lock the cell and walk back upstairs.

"I wanted to fight alongside you."

I didn't turn back.

When Falco asks why she helped them, Kaya takes them to the village that used to be her home. Four years ago the villagers fled the Titans, leaving behind her mom, who could not run. She shows Gabi and Falco where she sat and listened to her mom being eaten alive. Kaya knows that the outside world considers the people of the island "devils," but does not understand why they are hated so much. She asks the two of them what her mom did to deserve that.

Falco pov

"What did we do to deserve that"

"The two girls that came that day to help me. They risk their life's for me. One off to fight while the other comforting me in her way."

"Where are they now the girls"

"They had become great soldiers. They are at the top"

I look at Kaya. Are they really not bad like we were told they were.

"She only had two knife and an axe. She killed the titan. That killed my mother that day. She told me to keep going. She left me in her friend arms. So we could escape without hesitant"

"we are bad people."

End of Falco pov

Kaya tells them that her family has been invited to a restaurant where a Marleyan works. If they come along, they might be able to find a way home. When Gabi asks why she would help them, she says she wants to become a person like that girl.