Chapter 039

Connie POV

"Thank you Connie"

What was it really that?

I turn to see her walking a bit funny. I guess her feet were still asleep.

I had never seen her like this.

"Sasha you got her to cry. You really are amazing till the end. I hope you rest now."

"She hasn't eaten in three days have she"

"Nicolo can you make her something, your food is delicious to her. Back then she used to be thinner than now. She hardly ate anything. But your food is different to her."

"I will"

End of Connie POV

Past time when Eren left

We had finally arrived to Marley. It was such a long trip. It was something else from Paradise. I'm guessing they should know that we are here.

There wasn't anything to catch my eye. I had to wear something formal. A dress with a hat covering my face. They had gone inside to a theater. I stood outside, isn't that the boy. I remember him from. He suddenly fell down. I ran to him and help him. The touch made me see into him. He was killed in the rumbling.

I let go of him.

"Are you okay"

"It hurts miss"

I took off my scarf and wrap it around his leg. He should be fine now. He said thank you and left.

"Taking care of kids now"

I turn to see Eren. He was wearing a suit with a hat. I stood up.

"I guess"

I turn back to where the sunset was setting down. I sat down on the bench. He walked and sat next to me. He laid his head on my lap. Am I his pillow or something?

"Violet"

I look down at him. He was staring right into me.

"Did you forget my confession that fast?"

I gave him a puzzled look.

"Did you expect an answer"

He started to laugh.

"You really are dense"

He sat up. He grabs my hands.

"I would be willing to throw everything away and be selfish to spend my last four years with just you. We can run away together and not have to keep fighting"

I look at him even more confused. What the hell is he saying. This is so random, I don't know. I was too focused on what was happening to even think about love.

I wanted to be selfish but I can't.

"Eren that is not"

"I knew that would be your answer just forget what I said."

He then stood up. He was leaving now I guess. I stood up and rush to him. I hug him from behind.

"I won't stop you from leaving right now. I won't tell the scouts where you are. So don't be an asshole. Now go do whatever you think is right."

Before he could say anything. I turn and ran inside. Eren just doesn't be stupid. Bye to you and that fantasy. I was tempted by your confession. I was selfish in thinking about a life like that. I wanted to just escape from this and use your feelings as an excuse.