Chapter 040

I look at her. My eyes are lower to her. Just what is this to you?

"This mark is important to me. You came up to a random stranger. You touch them without permission. Hizuro means nothing to me."

I was about to continue but my hand was yanked. I turn to see Eren. He pulled me behind him.

"Ahh sorry about that Violet is a little sensitive about things like this. So excuse her tone."

If I could just freaking let it out. I clench my fist. His hand tightens.

"Calm down"

He whispers to my ear.

"Violet Ackerman your mother's name was Lapis right. She had long black hair."

I widen my eyes at her. How did she know my mother's name? She whispers into someone's ear. They brought another small box. She handed it to me.

I open the box. The paper got my attention. I was born in Hizuro. They had a picture of me and my mother. I look at her smile. Violet was smiling in this picture with joy. Sorry am not Violet so how could I call her mother. I still feel like Violet is here.

"Child you are my Violet. So don't cry, baby. You will always be my daughter"

I heard her voice. If you could see me right now would you be proud of me? Did I do a good job? I close the box.

"So am from outside the walls then. This proves that am from the outside world and part of the Ackerman clan right"

I turn to the officials.

"We would be lying if we said we didn't come to find you. We were hoping you were still alive, you see I knew your grandfather. He didn't get to meet you but he dearly wanted to meet you"

I sigh.

"So Violet isn't from inside the walls but from outside"

"It seems so"

"Violet did you not remember" I turn to Hanji.

"I don't remember anything about this place and my father. I really don't remember"

I sat down at the table. At the end of the day, she is just using us as an excuse. I for god sake knew this will happen. Anyways it's part of politics.

"Violet you the mark. I also have the same"

I look up to see Mikasa. She sat next to me. She undid her bandages. I look to see her mark.

"My mother pass this down to me."

She pauses

"She said to pass it down to my child"

She turns to me.

"To think we have the same mark. Could we have been related?"

She smiles at me.

I show her my mark

"I remember asking my mom what this was for. She told me if one day we aren't together this is the connection between us. She may not be close to me but she is there."

I look down again. By then could she have known.

"My mother treasure this. She felt like a family."

She grabs my hand.

"Your words I respect them. I don't blame you for back there. This makes me feel like family. I honestly truly care about you, Violet."

She hugs me. It was warm.