Chapter 016*

A/M💕hey guys, this will sorta be background story of her parents. So don't get confused.

I look in the mirror and brush my hair. It was long raven hair. With my gray eyes. I look cold and distance. But I wasn't like that.

"Lapis hurry we got to go

"Lapis hurry we got to go."

I got up and walk behind her. I have to leave sooner or later. I touch my stomach. I had someone to be with me along with him. I had to go see grandfather.

He wasn't well. He was the only one who was there for me. My parents had passed away and I was here locked up here. I look down at my hand to see the pattern. I use to be proud to have this symbol with me. I felt the glory but it all died down.

I walk into my grandfather's room. I saw him barely moving. I ran to his side and brew his favorite tea. Lapis you have to tell him now.

I held his hand.

"Grandfather I have something to tell you"

He then places the tea down and placed his hand on top of mine. I smiled. He was the only one who shows kindness to me.

"What is it, my granddaughter."

Don't back out. He would understand.

"I have a baby in my stomach."

I look up to see him in tears. He hugs me. He used to be able to stand tall and proud now he couldn't.

"That is great news, my child. Was it really that hard to tell me? I won't be able to see it grow as a child. But I can prepare a gift for it. Boy or girl"

He took his gem from his pin. He places it on my hand. It was originally gray. Then it turns blue in my hands. I look up to him. Isn't this the heirloom for the successor of this family? It was from hundredths of years.

"No I can't take this. It's a heirloom"

He grabs my hand.

"You belong in this family Lapis. You and your child will be the last of our Clan. Don't doubt yourself, and it was for my grandchild. Keep it safe for them." He push the gem into my hand.

I suddenly felt tears coming down my cheek. He wipe my tears with his hand. I felt more running down. He was the only one here for me.

"I thought you didn't cry anymore. I see still a baby"

I hug him, I couldn't be the perfect granddaughter for you. I don't want to leave you but I have no choice. I don't want you to be affected because of me. I truly despised myself.

"This child will be the true heir to our clan. After all she take after you. She will do great things in the future. An Ackerman does not follow orders but fight. We weren't animals to begin with."