Fourty

Ashling's POV

Seeing my friends really made me feel a lot better. They always know just what to say, and how to cheer me up. I'm so thankful for all of them, and so thankful that they're all okay. I don't know what I would've done if anyone died because of me.

Once everyone leaves, the doctor finally comes back with my long awaited test results.

"Sooo?"

"For the most part, everything looks okay."

"Really?"

"Yea. There are a few things I am concerned about, though."

My smile quickly drops, "What is it?"

"You've suffered a great deal of trauma to your brain from previous injuries. Between all of that, the mind control affinity, and the blast... you shouldn't even be alive right now."

"Oh, wow. I guess it's some sort of miracle."

"Normally, I would say so, yes... but this is different. You shouldn't have survived that fight, Ashling. The original scans we did the night you came in showed an immense amount of trauma, but the ones taken yesterday look as if nothing ever happened to you. I've never seen anything like it before, so I had a specialist look at it."

"And?"

"Ms. Ninomae..." He hesitates, "We believe you have healing abilities."

What the hell did he just say?

"What? Healing abilities? That... can't be possible. I've been in several situations where I've almost died or been severely injured, and I've never been able to heal myself. And the doctors never noticed it, either."

"Well, that's what they're trying to figure out. They think that your healing abilities only become active when you're in grave danger. I know you said you've almost died in the past, but this time... you were quite literally on the edge of death. If you arrived even just one minute later than you did, you would've died. Your body must have sensed that, and started healing the source that was most injured— your brain. Which is why you still have cuts and bruises all over you. Normally, healing abilities are able to heal whatever is wrong with your body, but like I said— your brain needed it the most, so it focused on healing only that."

I... don't even know what to think right now. All this time... I've had healing abilities. How could I not know before this?

"Baby, this is great." Says Kaen.

"Yeah... I guess it is. So, what now?"

"Well, healing abilities aren't uncommon. Although, most people who have them realize at a fairly young age. I'm going to refer you to a great healer that I know, so that maybe she can help you figure out what's going on."

"Oh... okay. Will I still be able to go home today?"

"Yes. Actually, once we're done with this conversation, you can leave."

"Oh, awesome!"

"Just take it easy, of course. No excessive stress or work, no fighting, no exercise. Just basically don't do anything, okay? You can go back to your regular doctor in a few weeks for a check up. And I'll send your prescription over to the pharmacy. Any other questions?"