Thirty Two

Kaen's POV

"So, did you figure out your costume yet?"

"Yeah, Ash and I have matching ones."

Del laughs, "Wait, are you serious? Thee Kaen has a matching costume for Halloween? I'm more surprised at the fact that you're even dressing up."

"Shut up, D."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It's cute. I can't wait to see you guys this weekend. It's been way too long."

"I know, me too."

Del's having a Halloween party this weekend, and I'm actually kind of excited.

Okay, I don't know if I'd use the word "excited", but I'm glad to be going. Never in my life did I ever think I would have matching costumes with my girlfriend, but here we are.

It was actually really cute, when she asked me. She was pretty hesitant because she wasn't sure if I would say yes, but she seemed really excited, so I told her I would do it.

Ever since we started dating again, I haven't minded doing all of this sappy shit. I used to think it was so stupid and gross, but now that I'm actually involved in it... I love it. I buy her flowers every two weeks, and give her little surprise gifts. I do anything I can think of that'll make her happy, and I don't mind it one bit. I never want to see that smile fade away from her face.

"How have things been with you and Akita?"

"Oh, they're... good."

I scrunch my brows, "O...kay..."

His expression suddenly changes, "What is it, D?"

"I think I love her."

"Wait, you've been dating for almost five months and haven't told her you loved her? I thought you were all about that "love at first sight" shit?"

"I know, and I am! It's just... I've never actually told a girl I loved her before, and I'm scared that she won't feel the same."

"Del, I highly doubt that. I know she loves you."

"Why? Did she say something to Ash?"

"No," I chuckle, "But I can just tell. You need tell her."

"You're right... I do. I'm gonna do it tonight!"

"There ya' go! That's my boy."

We laugh, "Wow, since when did you become the love doctor?"

"Since I've been madly in love for months. Did I tell you she moved in with me?"

"No, shit? That's crazy."

"Yeah... it took some convincing of her mom, but we finally got her to agree. And, it took forever to pack up her shit. I don't know how girls can possibly have so much stuff."

"Wow... that's great, though. I'm happy for you guys."

"Thanks, D. I gotta head out now, but I'll see you Friday."

"Later, Kae."

***

I walk into the apartment and immediately smell something delicious. I see the stove covered with pots, but no sign of Ashling.

"Babe?" I call out

"Oh, hi! You're home kind of early for once." She comes running around the corner.