Thirty Six

Kaen's POV

"Wait, try this one! It's so good."

"Ooh, yummy!"

It's been over ten minutes and Ash still hasn't come back inside. I know she's on the phone, but she said she'd be quick.

"Hey, I'm gonna go get Ash. She's been out there for a while."

"Okay." They all nod.

I look around outside of the store, but I can't see her anywhere.

"Ash?" I call out.

Pushing through the crowds of people, I walk up and down a few stores to try and find her... but I can't.

Okay, now I'm starting to panic.

I quickly make my way back to the store. "Hey, where's As—"

"She's gone."

"What? What do you mean 'gone'?"

"Gone as in, I can't fucking find her anywhere."

"Hey, what's going on?"

"Ash is missing."

"What?! What the hell do you mean—"

"Enough questions! We need to go find her, now!"

We rush out of the candy shop, "Are you sure she's gone? There's a lot of people here, maybe she went into another store."

"She wouldn't just fucking disappear without saying anything. Del and I will go this way, you four go that way."

I fastly push through the crowd, while we call out for her.

"Have you tried her phone?"

"Shit, no. I'll call it now. Let's keep moving."

We continue searching the streets for her, still being unable to find her. "What the fuck!" I yell, "Where is she?"

"Kaen, come here."

"What?"

"Isn't that..."

I gasp, "Ash's cellphone." I pick it up, seeing all of the misses calls from me and everyone else.

"Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck—" I yell as I slam the brick wall beside me.

"Kaen, calm down."

"Calm down? Ash was fucking kidnapped and you're telling me to calm down?"

"We don't know that's what happened."

"Her fucking phone is here, along with one of her earrings. What the fuck do you think could've happened?"

He doesn't respond.

"Call Akita and tell her to meet us back at the hotel. We need to take the car and go find her."

We drive to the police station, reporting her missing. But, due to the fact that she's not a minor, they won't start searching until it's been twenty four hours.

"Fuck this. I'm calling Trip. And Ryder. They'll handle this better than the stupid fucking police. Let's go."

The car is silent, as none of know what to say or do.

Nothing like this has ever happened before. I don't know what the fuck to do, and it's killing me.

"Maybe we should go back to that ally."

"Why?"

"Maybe there's some clues... we didn't really look."

"Alright."