Twenty Three

Ashling's POV

I spent all night crying, and spent all day today in bed. I haven't eaten anything, I haven't showered... I don't want to do anything.

My mind was blank. I couldn't compose a single thought because my brain was so cloudy.

What the fuck am I supposed to do at school tomorrow? I have my first class of the day with him, and sit right next to him... I see him in the halls... fuck.

I can't. I won't be able to handle it. I'm going to email Mr. Asano and ask if I can switch periods. It's gonna suck that I won't be in the same class and Akita and the rest of my friends... but I genuinely don't think I'd be able to handle it.

"Hey, Mr. Asano, I'm sorry for the late email, but I have a request, if you'd be able to fulfill it. Something has come up, and I won't be able to attend your first period class. I was just wondering if you'd be able to switch me to a later class. Hopefully I hear back from you tonight. Thanks in advance, have a good evening."

And sent.

I really hope he answers me back tonight, or else I just won't go to school tomorrow. I should probably shower, maybe I'll feel better if I do.

After a burning hot, 30 minute shower (which I spent half of that time crying), I actually do feel a bit better. I still don't have any appetite, though. And the headache I have right now is deadly.

I check my computer to see if Mr. Asano emailed me back, and see that he did.

"Hello, Ash. I was able to switch your third period class with mine, so you'll be in my class third period from now on. I hope everything is okay. See you tomorrow."

Whew, thank goodness.

I should probably text Akita to let her know that I won't be in class. I'm just going to tell her that it had something to do with my other class. I'm not ready to tell her or anyone about what happened.

I hate this. I hate feeling like this so much. I can handle all the physical pain the world throws at me; but feeling my heart shatter into a million pieces is worse than all of the physical pain I've ever been in combined. The day of the breakup is never the worst one. It's always the day after. I just feel so fucking empty.

**The next day**

Kaen's POV

Seeing Ash today is going to be really difficult, especially considering our desks are next to each other. I debated on not coming today, but I have to make it look like I don't care about her. But really... I'm fucking dying inside.

"You're late, Kaen."

I ignore him as I walk to my desk. "Sup', bro?" D says.

I don't answer him.

"You seem grumpy."

"Yeah, well."

His jaw drops, "Oh, shit... you did it, didn't you?"

I glare at him, and he knows to shut up. I notice Ash's empty desk next to me... did she not come to school today?

"Where is she?"

Del shrugs, "Kita, Ash isn't here?"

"No... she didn't tell you, Kae? She had to be transferred out of this class and into third period."

She switched out of this class... and I know it's my fault.

"Why?"

"I dunno. She just said that it had something to do with the other class. It sucks! I'm gonna miss her in this class with us."