Eight

Ashling's POV

I spent the whole day Saturday cleaning my entire room, and also my house. The house itself wasn't too messy, thankfully.

This is probably going to sound shitty, but I hope Kaen isn't like, some super rich kid. His car is really nice, along with his clothes. It's not that I'm poor or anything— my Mom's job pays really well. But, our house isn't anything special since she bought it on such short notice.

She gave me the larger of the two bedrooms, which was really nice of her. She felt bad for packing us up and moving us so quickly... even though I couldn't have been happier to get out of there.

"Okay, sweetheart, I'm leaving. If you need anything, just call me. I'll be home around midnight, and if I'm drunk— probably even later. Love you, Ashling." She blows me a kiss and out the door she goes.

I decided on just wearing sweatpants and a crop top, nothing fancy. We're just gonna be in my house, after all.

As the time reaches closer and closer to seven, my palms become sweatier and my heart is beating fast.

Why am I so nervous? We've never been completely alone before... except for that one time in the car, but that was only like a five minute ride. And even then, I thought he was going to kiss me.

I'm probably just being delusional. Why would he ever think about kissing me? I'm the last person he wants to talk to, let alone see.

Kaen's POV

It takes less than thirty seconds to drive from my house to hers, and for some reason I'm nervous. I was doing pretty well at avoiding her... and now I'm about to be sitting in her house. Hopefully we won't be alone.

I knock twice on her door, and try to calm myself down before she answers.

"Hey, come in."

She motions me into her house, then closes the door behind her.

"I'm surprised you're actually on time, considering you're always late to class." She laughs.

"Yeah, well... it'd be pretty shitty for someone who lives around the block to show up late."

I have to try and keep my cool the whole time I'm here.

"Your Mom home?"

"Nah, she's at some work party. Won't be back until late."

Oh.

So we're going to home alone this entire time.

Great.

"We'll go into my room, I have a big desk in there with all my school shit so it'll be easier."

Aaaand now we're going into her bedroom.

I nod my head without saying anything and follow behind her.

Her room is... really nice, and pretty big. The walls are painted a light gray, and all of her furniture is black. She has music playing, and it's one of my favorite bands. It smells sweet... like her perfume. I kind of like it.

"You can sit at the desk, I'm gonna go get a drink— you want something?"

"Uhh... sure. Just water is fine, thanks."

I take the time that she's gone to look around her room some more. She has some pictures of her and her Mom on her desk, and also one of her and Akita. It's good that she has a friend like Akita— she's a really good person.