Nine

Ashling's POV

A couple of days go by and it's two days after Christmas. I texted Kaen a Merry Christmas... but he never answered. We're supposed to be meeting up today.

I decided to text him again.

"Hey, we still on for tonight?"

"Yeah."

"Okay. Do you mind if we do it at your place? My Mom is home, and she's gonna be really annoying lol."

"Yeah, that's fine. 8 right?"

"Yep."

"Okay. I live in the apartment building a street over. 512."

"Thanks. See you later."

I'm going to Kaen's... apartment? That's interesting. Wonder if he lives there's alone.

Wait... I've seen that building— it's fancy as hell. 5 must be towards the top, too.

I decided to get a little more dressed up this time. I threw on some jeans with a light gray sherpa. I told my Mom that one of my friends lived here... I just didn't mention which one.

I don't even know if I can consider Kaen and I friends, honestly.

Normally, I would've just walked there, seeing as it's so close. But it's freezing out today, so my mom drove me.

"Will you need a ride home?"

"Not sure, I'll let you know. Bye."

I make my way inside the building and to the elevator, taking in my surroundings.

It's so fancy in here... I'm surprised they don't require you to buzz in at the front desk.

The elevator ride feels like it takes forever to reach the fifth floor, but it's probably just my nerves.

Taking a deep breath in, I knock on the door.

"Hey."

"Hey."

My eyes travel up and down his entire body. He's wearing joggers and a loose fitting scoop neck tank top, exposing his collarbones and the top of his chest. He totally noticed me checking him out, but I couldn't help it— he looks so fucking hot.

Ugh, cut it out, Ash.

We walk into his apartment, and it's actually really nice. The decor is modern, and everything is mostly black. It's very... dark. He has large windows that show off an amazing view, and also a balcony. There was ambient lighting throughout the room, as well.

"So do you live here with your parents or—"

"Nah, this is my place. I live here alone."

Oh.

"Oh... cool."

"I guess let's just get this over with."

His apartment smells just like his cologne, and I can't help but be even more obsessed with it.

"You want something to drink?"

"Maybe just some water, thanks."

We sit down at his table so we can start working.

***