Twenty Seven

Ashling's POV

We take a party bus to the beach house, and everyone is having a blast, pregaming and dancing. The music is booming throughout my body, causing it to feel like it's vibrating. Everyone's having so much fun...

But not me.

I'm silent the entire way there, and sit by myself tucked away in the corner.

Seeing Kaen really fucked me up, especially considering I wasn't expecting to see him tonight. I knew there was a possibility of seeing him at the beach house, but even still... I wasn't too sure. And, at least I would've had the alcohol to help deal with that. At this point, I don't even want to drink tonight anymore. I want to have a good time, but honestly I don't think that's possible. Being drunk would only make things worse.

"Alright, y'all! Let's get some shots going for our prom King and Queen right here!" Everyone cheers for Del and Akita, who of course, won King and Queen.

Guess it really worked out that they started dating tonight.

I have one shot just for them, but that's it. I know Akita is going to be mad if she finds out I'm not drinking, so I'll just try to avoid her for the night.

***

"So, what are your plans for after graduation?"

"Well, I'm not too sure, to be honest. I'll probably find a fight club or some shit to be a trainer at. I used to be one at this gym in my hometown before I moved, and I've missed it. Plus, I got nothing else to do."

"Well, hey, it's better than nothing. Sometimes, I wish I could have a simpler life like that. This affinity shit really sucks at times. It's like you're just expected to become a hero and help save everyone, even if that's not what you want to do. It sounds fucked up, I know."

"I don't think it's fucked up. I get how you feel, and I'm sure that it can get frustrating. But, keep your head up! I'm sure things will turn out okay. You'll figure it all out eventually."

"Thanks, Ash. Do you want a drink?"

"Oh, no, thanks. I still got this one."

Yeah, soda.

"No problem." He pauses, just staring at my for a second. "You feeling alright? I didn't want to bring it up... but I saw what happened with Kaen earlier."

My heart starts racing at the sound of his name. "Oh, that. Yeah... I'm alright." I sigh.

"I don't mean to pry, but what happened with you guys?"

"Wait... you mean you don't know?"

"No... nobody does. It kept everyone talking for a while, and figured that you broke up... but nobody could find out what actually happened."

This whole time... I thought everybody knew what happened. I thought for sure somebody would've seen what happened at Del's party that night, and would've told everyone. But, if nobody knew...

"Oh... I didn't know that. Look, it's nothing against you... but I'd just really rather not talk about it."

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have even asked. Well, if you ever do feel like talking about it, or just talking in general, I'll be around." He smiles at me before getting up and leaving.

That was Ty, one of my guy friends. He's really sweet, and cute... he's even flirted with me a couple of times. And, I don't mean to shut him down... but I just can't do it. I don't want to lead anyone on.