Two

***A/N: This picture is the muse for Kaen Pierce! I don't know who the credit is to, I found it on Pinterest :/ But he has white hair and orange eyes! Remember, it's pronounced like k-eye-n. Kaen. :) Enjoy chapter 2!**

Ashling's POV

Today is my second day of school, and I'm actually kind of excited for today. Mr. Asano said that we were going to be practicing our skills today, and I'm really excited to see everyone's affinities put to use.

Akita told me that we get uniforms to put on while we're training, so I don't have to dress already prepared, but I'm still going to dress pretty chill today, regardless.

We were told to head straight to the gym when we got here, and I'm amazed at what I see inside. It's ginormous— I mean, I'm sure it has to be in order to serve the students better.

"Hey, Ash!"

I look over and see Akita calling me, "Hey!"

"So, what do you think of the gym? Pretty cool, huh?"

"Totally. My old school was for all normal people, so it's pretty sick being able to see this kind of stuff. I'm really excited to see everyone use their affinities."

"Oh, yeah, I've been meaning to ask you— how come you decided to come to this school? You know, being without an affinity and all."

"Oh... well, honestly, it was the closest school to my house. But after doing some research about it, I thought it looked pretty cool. And I like how they combined regular students and students with affinities, too."

"Well, I'm glad your here. Seriously— you seem so cool."

I smile at her words, and I'm honestly glad I came here, too. And managed to make a friend within two days.

"Okay, is everyone here?" Mr. Asano says.

"Everyone except Kaen."

"Of course. Let's just get started. For those of you who don't have an affinity, you'll be training together and working on your fighting skills. And since Ash, here, seems to be a pro-fighter, I'm going to have her help train you guys. You up for it, new girl?"

"'Course. I'd be happy to."

Being the teacher on my second day? This will be interesting. Sucks that I can't really watch everyone else practice, though. There's only about five of us here that don't have affinities, so training won't be too bad.

The gym door opens and shuts loudly as someone else walks in.

"Stop being late to my class, Kaen, or else I'm gonna start taking points off. Okay, you guys, go get changed into your uniforms."

The uniforms are just plain and all black with the school's logo. We have the option of tank tops or t-shirts, with shorts or pants. I chose a tank top and leggings. I asked Mr. Asano if I could leave my combat boots on while practicing, and thankfully he said yes. I'm usually always wearing a heavier shoe, and whenever I practiced on my own time I was either wearing boots or I was barefoot.

My group heads towards the mats so we can get started on practice. "I know you guys are probably kind of mad that the new girl is training you, so I'm sorry for that."

"Are you kidding me? This is totally awesome! Having a student train with us instead of a teacher is way better."

"You're still being supervised, Sawyer." A teacher with red hair says to him.