Thirty Five

**One and half years later**

Ashling's POV

A fun little trip with my friends... that's what it was supposed to be.

But that's not what happened.

**One day earlier**

"Are you guys ready to have the best weekend ever?!"

"Of course! We needed this, all of us."

"I'm so excited! Is the car all packed?"

"Yep. We can leave whenever you guys are ready."

We all load into Del's big ass truck, and make our way on the road.

"It's gonna be great seeing everyone again."

"If by everyone you mean Ziva, Raki, and Zedd, then yes— it'll be nice to see them."

Akita and Del are up front, while Kaen and I are in the back.

This weekend getaway was definitely needed, and I can't wait to see my friends from school.

We're going to be staying in the city, which is about an hour from where we all live now. I've always wanted to go to Solaris, so I'm really excited. Plus, it's Kaen and I's first "vacation" as a couple, so that makes it even better.

***

As we drive throughout the city to get to our hotel, I'm in complete awe. There are tall buildings everywhere, and beautiful colored lights. I can see a giant ferris wheel down by the water, and the crowds of people walking everywhere. The city is massive, and there's so much to do! Good thing I got a raise at the fight club, because I'm about to drop so much money while we're here.

"This city is fucking amazing."

"Isn't it?"

"Wait, you've never been here before, Ash?"

"Nope. I've just never had the chance to since I moved here."

"You're gonna love it. We're gonna have a blast!"

We all decided to get separate rooms in the hotel. The couples each have our own rooms, while Ziva, Raki and Zedd share one. I get changed into my outfit for the night out almost immediately, because I don't want to miss a second of it.