The Morning Sunshine

Alex's Pov

It was 6:00am ugh why am I up so early god. I guess I should wake up Phillip this should be fun. That kid is the reason why I could potentially have grey hair by the time I'm 40. I yelled to get Phillip up, Soon I'm dragging my feet to the bathroom. I don't know why I have to be up this early but I forgot I'm a teacher.

"Another day, Another dollar." I mumbled

As I brushed my teeth.I soon noticed that Phillip isn't awake. why do i even bother. Phillip just turned 17 and trust me it hasn't been the best thing he's been such a (you know what) lately. I yell again

"Phillip Hamilton you have till the count of three to get out of bed and get ready we have to be at the school by 7am". He still doesn't get up.

"1.....2.....3... I'm coming up".

I start walking up the stairs and he comes running down the stairs. "Pops chill I'm up", he says. "Take a shower you stink". As I start making my way to my shower I hear him mumble something under his breath.

"You wouldn't have said that if I was still a girl."

I stopped in my tracks and continue walking I didn't have the time or the patience to argue with him today. Don't get me wrong I love my baby but sometimes he pushes it to a point where I'm speechless and can't say anything. I sigh.

"I'm not going to bother with you today just take a shower Phillip."

I walk away. I go to my shower and start showering and humming a song that been stuck in my head for a while. "Hmmhmm in Washington Heights hmmhmm".

I sang till my shower was over. I walk out in a very nice white jean jacket, grey jeans and these green nikes Phillip got me for my birthday last year. I decide to wear my hair down because today was a good day.

When I walk out Phillip is sitting on my bed with a comb and a brush. "Can you do my hair like how mama use to do it?" He asks. Eliza died when he was 10 years old. He hadn't yet transitioned to who he is today,but he always enjoyed the way Eliza did his hair. I answer, "Sure honey how do you want it? In braids or in a ponytail?" I asked. "Can you do the high ponytail please". He says. "Of course honey come here".

As I start to do his hair all I can remember is how our relationship ended off. It didn't end badly it's just that we thought I'd be better not to be together. That was when Pip was 9. Of course I'd take him to visit her all the time, But when we heard the news that she passed he shut down. We're just recently coping with the fact that she's gone. As I'm reminiscing I'm done with Phillips hair.

"Alright honey I'm done. How do you like it?" He gets up and looks at it and he starts tearing up.

"Are you okay Phillip?" The next thing I know he's engulfing me in a big hug.

"Thank you dad. It's looks just like how she used to do it". He says tearing up.

"Im also sorry for what I said earlier," He apologizes warm-heartedly.

Now that we've both got done getting ready we head to the car.

This is a new school with new people. Im glad because Phillip will be okay here and I won't have to beat no ones as- I mean butt. We pack everything into the car and we head to Kings high-school. "This should be exciting". I mumbled. I turn to look at Phillip and he's just smiling and looking out the window. "Are you excited sweetie? it's a fresh start for you and you can make new friends." He turns to me and says "Yes dad I'm very excited, there's going to be new people and new faces I'm excited". I'm glad he's excited. I looked this school up and it said that they are very excepting of trans students so that made me more then satisfied with it. The school is still 20 mins away and we're just talking and chatting it up for about 10 mins till he asked he a question,

"Dad?"

"Yes Phillip"

"Do you think people will like me here. I don't want to get on nobody's bad side. I really want them to like me".

"Phillip they'll love you. If anything I'll need your help making friends your dad is old and uncultured."

"Dad your 36, Your not old haha."

"Thank you Phillip I feel better now." I nudge his shoulder.

As time passes we arrive at the school with 20 mins to spare. As I get all my stuff out the trunk Phillip is hoping out the car as well. I say,

"You ready to take on the day champ?"

"Yes dad I'm ready."

I walk up to him and make sure his hair looked okay. Once I made sure he looked okay. I got all my stuff and we were ready as I'm walking I dropped my phone on my way in and the most beautiful man looked at me.

Who is that man~

A/N: Thanks guys this is my first story. Make sure to vote and comment. I love you babies Also this is what Alex is wearing❤️🥲

 I love you babies Also this is what Alex is wearing❤️🥲