Chapter Ten

Depuis le début

She towel-dried her hair before exiting the bathroom and beginning the day how she normally does.

She hurries downstairs and begins preparing breakfast. Something that becomes routine because she's learned what makes him upset and what doesn't.

She scrambled the eggs last. Placing them on the plates filled with bacon and pancakes.

She sets the table and waits for the pitter-patter of feet to come through the house.

She stands beside the head chair in the dining room and places her hair behind her shoulders.

He likes a full view of her neck.

She hears the tumbling and groaning coming closer. She can't help the smile coming to her face as she hears them.

The first to round the corner as always is the oldest, Hiro. Following him is always Misa and Taeyong. The second and third oldest.

She smiles wider as they notice her standing there.

Like always they run up to the legs of Sera and hug her tightly. She bends her knees to reach their height. Though, she doesn't have to go down far as she isn't that tall.

She gives them each their morning kisses as they try to tell her all at once of the dreams they had.

She hushes them tells them to sit so that they can all converse together.

They listen and sit in their regular spots as they wait for the others.

Soon after, like clockwork Loona, the fourth child, and Zin, the fifth come in hand and hand.

Loona is explaining to Zin about the book she's reading. They're so interested in their conversation that they don't even see the woman they've been yearning for.

She clears her throat and smiles as their eyes land on her.

They rush towards her and she does the same as she did with the three before. Once they've gotten enough attention they too have a seat in their spots.

She last sees the babies of the family. Sula and Ji-han rush inside the dining room. Fear on their faces.

They see Sera and hide behind her quickly. She covers them with her body, already aware of why they're frightened.

The children loved the man because he's all they've ever known. But they fear him and that's something that fueled his fire.

"Move Sera." He says

"Ja-won we have already decided this." She says lowly, "the children will not be touched."

"They're not babies anymore Sera! They'll be 10 this year! They can handle a little discipline!" He shouts

"Let's eat and discuss this later. Please." She pushes

And chuckles darkly before he nods and sits at the head of the table.

Sera ushers the two children to sit in their spots and they do. But she continues to stand.

The children watch her as she stands beside Ja-won.