RAN - - × label×

Growing up in a poor family, every penny is important for us. Every drop of water should not be wasted. We eat our food with so much gratefulness in our heart. We feel so happy for every blessing and good things that came up. We do appreciate little things.

Most importantly, we value the people who helped us.

It was my first day at my new school, as a scholar i have to study twice as much as an average students. If i lose the scholarship, i will never get the chance to help my family get over poverty. Luckily, i was born smart and gifted with bright mind.

As i walked to the hallway, i can hear a lot of students shouting at each other and being superly annoying. I heard that this school has a lot of delinquent students. 'I should stay out of their way'.

My first day at school wasn't so bad, library is my hide-out and books are my friends.

I head back to my homeroom to pick up my bag when i saw a fragile looking girl cleaning up the room all alone. I wanted to ignore it but i cant help it.

"hey, do you need any help?".. I said giving her a wide smile, she shyly returned it.

"im fine, why are you talking to me? She said while looking down and holding tightly at the broom.

" What.. Do you mean? " i looked at her confused because i didnt know exactly what she was talking about. I could say she was trying to push me away but her voice doesnt sound like annoyed but somehow it sounded like a bit scared.

"You will get bullied too. If you talked to me... No one likes me and they always made fun of me. " she said and it almost break my heart. I dont know what she had been through but if she's thinking like that she must've been bullied in a long time.

I put my bags down and pick up a broom went to the corner and started swiping the floor. I took a glance of her every 30 seconds. She looks scared and traumatised. I really felt bad for her.

As we finished cleaning the room. I started to packed my bag and preparing to leave and so was she. This whole homeroom cleaning should be done by 3 to 5 person. Why the hell is she alone.

She exited the room and i ran  to catch up with her. She flinched when i spoke near her shoulder. "do you wanna walk home together?" asking her, not even knowing where she live. She stared at me for 2 seconds before nodding.

We walked like we didn't even know each other, she's so distant and quiet.

I also learned that her name was Asami by looking at her ID.

The next day, i saw Asami sitting at the back of the classroom and minding her own business, it has been a week and we always go home together. I dont even know anything about her yet.

One day, i came across 3 girl delinquent in the bathroom when i was about to wash my hands. I could them laughing while they are kicking someone's ass over there cause i can see the commotion but not the person they are beating up.

I heard her gasped for air on my way out. Her voice sounds a bit familiar to me. That's when my eyes widened and i couldnt hold back. I ran towards the 3 deliquents and i wasn't wrong it was Asami. Im a bit good at fighting as i grew up in a household where woman does the mans job and i  carry heavy stuff almost everyday.

I punched the first one near me and she fall back with a bleeding nose. I then kicked the other two that made them groan in pain. I immediately pull Asami away and we run like hell.

I was so glad she wasn't badly injured, but I'm sure those three girls are suffering from pain by now.

I was catching my breathe when i suddenly felt Asami hugged me. She cried and i can only listen to her. I can see that she was very thankful to me for helping her.