Next To Me

This is sad. This oneshot is sad I am so sorry... -Sharbear

Luke's pov-

It had been two weeks.

Two weeks since we had lost Ashton in a car crash.

Two weeks since I lost Ashton in a car crash.

I can remember it clearly how that day went. How happy we were. I can remember getting up that morning and making breakfast. I can remember the way he held me from behind. The way his lips felt against my skin. I can remember how we sat on the couch and figured stuff out for touring.

I can remember everything.

The call.

The exact words of "Hello Mr. Hemmings, I would like to inform you that Ashton Irwin was in a car crash and is on his way to the hospital."

I remember crying as I got to the hospital. I remember Michael and Calum hugging me.

And I remember when the doctor came out. That's the part I wish I could forget.

"I'm sorry boys. We did everything we could. We couldn't save him."

I remember Michael not allowing me to go home alone. I remember how many times I broke down in the last two weeks. How many things I broke. How many times I screamed for him to come back. How I begged him to tell me why he left me. I remember looking through all our pictures together. Pictures of him. I remember calling his phone, just to hear his voice from the old voice mail.

Now I'm sitting on a white chair. I'm wearing a navy blue suite. Michael and Calum are to my left. Harry Lauren and Anne to my right. I knew exactly who was missing. But at the same time he was here. Right in front of me. In the wooden casket.

I swallowed as I listened to Anne speak about how amazing her son was, while I hugged Harry, who was crying into my shoulder. Lauren looked lost. It was easily seen that she was sad, but had no emotion in her face. It made my heart break more.

Finally Anne walked down and signaled for me to speak. I knew I should have since I was one of the last people to see him alive. I nodded and hugged her before walking to the podium, fiddling with my fingers. I cleared my throat and looked up at everyone else.

I didn't know how to start. But I just did...

"I met Ashton when I was 15. You all have probably heard this story countless times but I'm going to tell it again. I was getting bullied for some stupid sun glasses and a new hair cut. Ashton had stood for me. I thought he was cute from the beginning, and I could tell he was sad, and I wanted to make him happy. But I never thought I would have been able to ever see him again." I wiped away a tear that had slipped before continuing.

"I was more excited then anyone when Ashton showed up at our band practice. Not only was he the boy that saved me from the bullies he was also an amazing drummer. Without him out band would have gone nowhere and him and I would have have never gotten to where we were." I licked my lips.

"Ashton was an amazing boyfriend. He was supportive, protective, loving. He made sure that I was happy before anyone else was. He cared for everyone, but for some reason he always put me first, so in return I did the same." Tears started falling down and I didn't even try to stop them. "Ashton had proposed to me about five days before the accident. He didn't have a long speech planned, and all he said to me, was "I love you more then anything in this world, so will you marry me?" It was simple. But it made my heart explode and of course I said yes."

I began to fiddle with my engagement ring.

"We had spent most the days planning for our upcoming tour and also our wedding." I sniffled and tried to wipe away my tears. "Ashton used to say to me almost every day "When I say, I love you, please believe its true. When I say forever know, I'll never leave you. When I say goodbye, promise you won't cry. Cause the day I'll be saying that is the day that I'll die." I have tried everyday to not cry, but this is the biggest pain I have ever experienced."

I looked over and saw Michael sobbing quietly into Calum's shoulder. I looked down. "Ashton was an amazing person and he didn't deserve to die. And I-I wish I could tell him just how much I love him one last time. I wish I could kiss him one more time, b-but I know I won't be able too. So all I have to say is; I love you."

After that I stepped off the podium, with tears rushing down my face. I took my seat where Michael had hugged me as the preacher said some stuff and they allowed us to look into the coffin one last time. I let everyone go before me. Anne kissed my cheek before I sniffled and looked down at Ashton's pale body.

I leaned down and kissed Ashton's cold on moving lips before placing my favorite necklace on his chest. "I love you Ash."

Then I walked over to my mum and she hugged me as they lowered the coffin into the ground.

Now it had been a month since I lost him. I still visit his tombstone everyday.

But the one thing I never knew was: was always right neck to me. I just couldn't see him.

And that's what kept me going for two years.

Until I gave up and met him in the skies.

SO SORRY -Sharbear