26• Shopping Buddies

Start from the beginning

Had something happened while I was inside?

"Please give this to Hannah." I told Evan and handed him the bag. "Sure." He smiled.

"Why don't you stay for dinner." I offered him and saw Adrien glaring at me from the corner of my eyes. It was so much fun to tease him.

"No, Crystal. I am full from what we had at the food court. Thanks for asking." I nodded as I too was way too full to have dinner. "See you tomorrow." He told me and walked out before glancing coldly at Adrien.

No Goodbye. Not even the boyish nod they give each other.

As soon as Evan closed the door on his way out, I heard Adrien say, "You told me that you were going shopping with Hannah!"

I looked at him to see his forehead creased with a deep frown. "Hannah wasn't feeling well so she couldn't come. And we needed to buy things for the baby shower urgently so Evan accompanied me." I explained it to him. His frown disappeared but he still looked unsatisfied.

"You should have informed me."

"I tried calling you."

"You didn't answer any of my calls later."

"My phone had been in my bag all the time and I didn't notice it while shopping. Sorry."

He took an exasperated breath and rubbed his neck. "I really don't like him."

"Who? Evan? You never did." I giggled, receiving a glare in return.

"Now, I don't like him even more." I rolled my eyes at his antics and decided to brush the topic off. I pulled out his credit card from my bag and gave it to him. I was a bit nervous of his reaction as I had spent a lot of his money. There were literally 11 shopping bags on the couch right now.

"Thanks for your card."

"Keep it with you." Adrien said and I looked at him with confusion.

"No. I won't need it further. Please, take it back." I told him.

"No Crys, keep it with you." I was about to tell him that I can use my money if I need anything but before I could, he interrupted. "I know that you have your own money to spend but I want you to use this card. If I don't spend the money I earn on my wife, who else will I spend it on."

"But-"

"Please, Crys. Keep it." His 'please' was nothing like a request. There was a finality in his tone that left no room for arguments. I sighed and put the card in my bag.

When I looked back at him, his eyes were on the shopping bags and I had a bad feeling about his reaction. I should have stayed within my limits.

"I'm-" I was about to apologise to him before he could say anything.

"You didn't shop much." I gaped at his statement.

"This is not much?" My eyes wide as I asked him and he casually shrugged. Letting out a scoff, I walked past him while muttering "You're a crazy rich brat."

After I freshened up, I sat with Adrien at the dining table while he had his dinner. I decided to skip it because I had already eaten. After dinner, Adrien had some work to do while I sorted the things I had shopped.

Before we went to bed nearly an hour later, I approached Adrien.

"Adrien?"

"Yes." He gave his attention to me as we stood by the bed.

"I have a gift for you." He raised his brows and a grin broke on his face.

"For me?" I nodded and bit my lip thinking that what I had bought would be so cheap next to his luxurious things.

"It's a gift so I obviously bought it with my money. It might not be as good as your things but-"

'It don't care, Crys. You thought about it and it's all that matters. Now give it to me." He stuck his hand out and put the box on his palm with a smile as his words gave my heart a warm tug.

He opened the box and his blue eyes glinted with awe. A charming smile graced his lips as he picked up the silver bracelet.

"This is beautiful." I grinned widely at that. He looked back at me after carefully placing the bracelet back in the box and putting it on the bedside. "But what's the gift for?"

"Nothing specific." I paused for a second and looked down at my fiddling fingers. I had so much that I wanted to tell him but I was struggling with the words.

"Actually, for everything." I looked up at him. He patiently listened to what I had to say. "I wanted to thank you for a lot of things because with you, I feel like.. home. I know that we got entangled with each other unexpectedly but I am truly glad that I got to meet you, know you.. marry you." I chuckled in the end as I finished my confession.

I had expected two reactions from Adrien. Either a proud grin or a 'you done? I'm sleepy' look. But instead, looked at me with such intensity that it made me shudder. His eyes held the emotions I couldn't read.

Before I even knew, Adrien took a sharp breath, stepped closer, held my nape and pressed our lips together. And just like the last time, colors burst behind my closed eyes. His other hand landed on my waist and he pulled me closer, crashing our bodies. My one hand went up to his neck while the other stayed on his chest, feeling his heartbeat under my palm. Our lips gently moved in sync, softer than our first kiss but with the same passion and hunger.

God, his lips were the best thing I had tasted.

His tongue plunged inside my mouth caressing every nook of my mouth with it. I moaned into his mouth as a rush of heat passed through my body. Somewhere between that kiss, I felt my feet being lifted off the ground and a second later I was gently placed on the bed with Adrien hovering me.

My hands curled around his hair while his hands roamed all over my body. It was a while later when we finally broke apart to breathe but we stayed still with our foreheads touching.

"You have no fucking idea how you make me feel, Crystal." His deep voice right beside my ear sent prickles down my spine and opened my eyes. His eyes were clouded with desire.

Desire for me.

My body felt like butter melting in his arms when he caressed my cheeks with his knuckles. "You are the best thing that has happened to me." And every single animal that could fly erupted in my stomach on his statement.

He quickly pecked my lips and pulled me closer, nuzzling in my neck, he whispered. "Thank you." 

🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️

Extremely sorry for not updating on friday but here I am.

I ain't gonna blabber about how things have been busy for me cuz you know that already.

Don't forget to vote and comment. I promise you will see me or (Adrien and Crystal) very soon.

💙⭐👇