Chapter 133

"....."

  "What my friend here is trying to say is-" Han was silenced as Korah raised a hand.

  "I want to hear him say it." She scowled.

  My eyes glowed softly as I squinted with a sinister smile. "Oh? Could it be you've fallen in love with me and what to hear my-HNGH!" I raised both hands as a sword pressed to my throat.

  "Don't try and charm me, boy." She gnarled her lip as her silver eyes stared at me with murderous intent.

  "I wasn't trying to-"

  "Don't lie to me," she cut me off. "I know the ability is rare, but it doesn't mean I don't know it when I see it. And yours," the blade poked my skin. "Is powerful."

  "Is it?" I averted my eyes with a nervous laugh.

  "What level is it? Six?"

  "...."

  "Seven?" Her eyes widened.

  "Max."

  "Max!" She gasped. "How often do you use it to have it maxed at such a young ag-" She looked at my party and all the girls. "I see."

  "It's not like that!" I squeaked.

  "Uh-huh." She grumbled as she sheathed her sword. "I don't care. What is it that you need? I can tell you aren't from around here, so you must have traveled from another Kingdom."

  "We did," Ruby said. "We're adventurers from the Prostetian Kingdom."

  "And what brings you to the Asmonian Kingdom?"

  "The dungeon," Korah's eyes immediately darted to me as I answered.

  "The dungeon?" She repeated.

  "Yes. We've come to clear it." My reply caused an uproar of laughter among the guild.

  "You think you can clear the dungeon?" Korah chuckled. "I barely sense any power from you. What are you, level thirty?" She looked at my party again. "I see. You're having them carry you, aren't you?"

  "What! No-"

  "Still," she ignored me. "No one has ever cleared a Dungeon before, let alone the Rheewon Dungeon."

  "Never cleared a dung-" I smiled. "That makes sense. You haven't heard, have you?"

  "Why are you smiling like that? And heard what?"

  "The Dungeon of Gilmesh was cleared months ago by Kichichi and us," Han answered.

  "Oh, that? No, we've heard about the Dungeon being 'cleared,' but we all know it's a lie."

  "A lie?" I scowled. "I don't li-" Han shoved me slightly. "I only lie a little, but not about something like that."

  "I never said it was you who lied, but rather the King. The Dungeons have been around for thousands of years, and no one has cleared them in that time. But that didn't stop us from racing in an attempt to be the first."

  "Oh, like the Space Race of 1957?"

  "Space Race?" Korah repeated questionably. "I've no idea what you're talking about."

  "You're saying the two Kingdoms have been racing to be the first to clear the Dungeons in their respective Empires in an attempt to claim victory or something like that, right?" I elaborated.

  "Indeed."

  "Ah, so that's why you don't believe it." I laughed. "You're being a sore loser." I watched as Korah's jaw clenched. "The Dungeon of Gilmesh was cleared; that was no lie. And I'll prove it to you by clearing this one as well."